Stevenson Mustangs

BawlmerOreos

It's not horrible. I've seen worse.

Think how it would look with the typical stylings and bevels of Phoenix.

It's NOT?

As much as I like to knock Phoenix's work, they would have done better than this :censored:.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

when i get home tonight i'll show you a logo they turned down...don't have the files right now, but i think it's better than what they used (of course, i designed it, so i'm biased)

here is the proposal (done before the change from villa julie to stevenson)

mustangse.jpg

jldesigns404eo.png

If I offend the artist, who might be apart of this conversation. It's really a bad logo. I know they may have wanted simple and clean, but honestly, w/o trying to be mean, my daughter draws better than that. Sorry, Stevenson College, not a good look at all.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

for what it's worth, i think this is the same company who designed this monstrocity for randolph college

It's certainly on the same level of crapiness but a place in Baltimore called North Charles Street Design was the culprit for Randolph's logo. They typically design viewbooks and brochures for colleges. They should stick to their bread and butter.

hokie pride - thanks for the information...ironically, both firms are located in downtown baltimore, with leffler agency's address being a north charles street address :)

the institutional logo which north charles street design designed for randolph college is beautiful, though...

honestly, even if i hadn't proposed a logo for vjc/stevenson, the one they have is just hideous...perhaps the worst "professional" logo i've seen - very childish

to make it worse, according to this, leffler has designed the last 10 preakness logos...so you'd think they would have someone on staff that could draw a decent horse

jldesigns404eo.png

hokie pride - thanks for the information...ironically, both firms are located in downtown baltimore, with leffler agency's address being a north charles street address :)

the institutional logo which north charles street design designed for randolph college is beautiful, though...

honestly, even if i hadn't proposed a logo for vjc/stevenson, the one they have is just hideous...perhaps the worst "professional" logo i've seen - very childish

to make it worse, according to this, leffler has designed the last 10 preakness logos...so you'd think they would have someone on staff that could draw a decent horse

No question Leffler mangled this one. It's a shame because Stevenson has a lot happening athletically. Nationally ranked lax team, a new football program, a new gymnasium and a new football stadium in the works. And now this joke of a logo is going to be plastered all over everything. Criminal. I wouldn't be surprised if the horse was a reject from one of the Preakness jobs they worked on.

l_5bc575e38dc940ffaaa2288dae6f1b2d.jpg

It's an angry (and/or demented) unicorn!!!

EDIT -- It looks WORSE when it isn't on a football helmet (and in a dark photo).

news_mustang_logo.jpg

I'm speechless. This looks like someone's first-ever logo attempt. Was this lifted from a 1st Grader's book "My First Logo"?

WOW.

While, yes, there have been worse logos, at least the ones that are worse typically show more thought and development and at least a hint of professionalism...things that this logo is totally lacking.

I don't think I've ever seen an official logo that was so crude, unrefined and less developed as this one.

EDIT: I can't stop looking at this logo and thinking an 8 yr-old designed this.

I think this logo was just a rush-job. The guy who was assigned to design it made a first-draft logo awhile ago, but forgot to make revisions. Then, whhen the deadline came, he had to turn this crap in because he didn't have any time left to revise it.

The colors seem very 90s, as well. I would have chosen leggman's design.

Dang, I could freehand this in Inkscape in about 5 minutes. What is shocking is that the college would approve of this. I mean DAMN, in my mind there are stereotypical old people that have no sense when it comes to logos or uniforms, and this university is run by them.

Hey....watch the age discrimation thing. Kid. lol.gif

Archived