Connecticut Whalers Concept

speedy

Why not, right? I haven't done a concept in quite awhile, and being a closet Whalers fan as a child, I thought the CT Whalers would be a nice place to start up again. I didn't use any gray in these, for a few reasons. One being the last Whalers duds were near perfection, and it didn't leave a lot of wiggle room while staying true to the original. Also, at some point in the future they'll have to differentiate themselves from the parent club (yeah, right.) Anyways, both jerseys are an update of a respective era. I'm sure people won't like the yoke piping but that's fine, I think it's one of the most under appreciated things of the Edge system. I never did like the all green look, and I always thing a good design is when the helmet/sweater/shell/sock are alternate colors and not the same.

Whalers.png

C&C appreciated, as always.

I think the issue is with the tail covering up the upper branch on the C. Otherwise, solid.

What's the secondary logo on the one shoulder? I see the liberty head, but what's the other logo?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Not to be a dick because I really love this concept. But I have two questions:

1. Why triple color lettering on the white jersey but double on the green?

2. I like the white shoulder piping on the green but why isn't there a green on on the white jersey?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

2. I like the white shoulder piping on the green but why isn't there a green on on the white jersey?

1. Well, with the way the stripes are on the white sweater, and their use in Whalers history, I thought it worked better. I like the simplicity of the two color numbers on the road. White/Blue/White seemed like overkill for the numbers and Blue/White/Blue (am I making sense) just didn't look right with the abundance of white in the design.

2. You know, I had it on there originally. It was blue, then green, then blue, then green, then gone. I couldn't decide on a color so I chucked it in the trash. Apparently the people want piping (am I in the right place???), so when I revise this, I'll add some.

1. Well, with the way the stripes are on the white sweater, and their use in Whalers history, I thought it worked better. I like the simplicity of the two color numbers on the road. White/Blue/White seemed like overkill for the numbers and Blue/White/Blue (am I making sense) just didn't look right with the abundance of white in the design.

2. You know, I had it on there originally. It was blue, then green, then blue, then green, then gone. I couldn't decide on a color so I chucked it in the trash. Apparently the people want piping (am I in the right place???), so when I revise this, I'll add some.

Back to question 1.

I actually meant why doesn't the white jersey have double layer lettering. I'd like to see what that looks like. I love the double layering on the green jersey.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I love this concept. The only nitpick I have is that the white part of the arm stripes should join with the white on the cuffs.

Wow.

The jerseys look spectacular. Im glad you went with a primarily Green Home as opposed to the more popular route of Navy Blue. Im usually against the use of shoulder piping but I have to say it really adds alot to that particular jersey. Did you try adding green shoulder piping to the road? Im not sure if it would be an improvement but it works so well on the Home, im curious how it would look

Great work.

Archived