NHL 2013

Injection

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, i'm not diggin the leafs 3rd, i think what they currently have (35point leafs logo) is fine. although, they could use that as one game special...

marlies... no, the current logo is fine... they could go back to this:

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/3/393/full/iqzoqilae0hr8qoztq6c.gif

and put the leafs shoulder patch

Isn't that the logo of the Toronto Marlboros? tszuraernez3joenx4mt.gif

Link: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=tszuraernez3joenx4mt

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

no, i'm not diggin the leafs 3rd, i think what they currently have (35point leafs logo) is fine. although, they could use that as one game special...

marlies... no, the current logo is fine... they could go back to this:

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/3/393/full/iqzoqilae0hr8qoztq6c.gif

and put the leafs shoulder patch

Isn't that the logo of the Toronto Marlboros? tszuraernez3joenx4mt.gif

Link: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=tszuraernez3joenx4mt

lol yes, marlies = short form of marlboros

if that logo can be tweaked, it would be a great jersey. i just didn't dig the "Toronto Marlies" wording on a leaf.

maybe the maple leaf with an 'M' (like st.mikes 'M' or a Leafs number font 'M') wearing a crown?

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to drop the AHL part of the series, I just don't have the time and inspiration to do two leagues.

#4: Dallas Stars

The Dallas Stars and their new ownership celebrate their 20th anniversary with a switch to their original colours, kelly green, gold, and black. The new nameplate stikes controversy because of it's similarities to the Philadelphia Flyers nameplates. Fans don't seem to mind because of switch from the awful DALLAS wordmark jerseys they were used too. The jerseys become a hit, and the Stars unveil a new third, using only kelly green and black, with no gold to be seen.

DallasStars-1.png

I don't like the black nameplates at all, and the thirds will have to grow on me (something about the lack of gold makes them kind of bland), but the home and away sweaters are great! I wonder, would a white star look better on the home one? There seems to be just a bit too much green.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

That black nameplate is annoying as hell and I would think that nameplate needs to be blended into the jersey color that all... but the Dallas Stars green jersey that would be the best one ever!!!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Hey guys, I'm stuck on LA. I've got two jersey overhauls with two different colour schemes, but I don't know which one to use. One uses the forum blue and yellow colours, and the other uses the black and silver from the 90s. Which one should I use? Thanks.

Concept 1:

LAKingsConcept1.png

Concept 2:

LAKingsConcept2.png

The Stars home and away are perfect now! Wow! I really wish these were the real thing.

As for the kings, I've always been partial to the Gretzky colors, so I like the black sweater the best, but it needs to lose the armpit stains (which are never a good idea) and real hem striping would be nice too. I will say I do like the purple version too, but the yellow doesn't do anything for me both because of the color and the various template panels.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Now that Dallas Stars green jersey is perfect... I would snap that up in a hurry except I wouldnt mind having the old Minnesota North Stars logo crest there in place of the Stars logo crest.. oh well...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

You can't wear yellow (or gold) at home in the NHL anymore. That should probably help your decision a bit.

Oddly enough, the NCAA allows white, gold, yellow, and light blue to be worn at home. If only the NHL would loosen up a bit...

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

#5: Los Angeles Kings

Led by star defenseman Drew Doughty, the Kings are the class of the Pacific. To ignore the past years of terrible hockey, in 2011 the Kings change their identity. Out are the purple and black uniforms that dominated the past decade, and in was the monochromatic scheme from the 90's. The new jerseys are the old third jerseys, with the new crown in black, grey, and white. The following season they introduce a new third jersey, using the old purple and gold colours and crown worn in the Marcel Dionne days. The new jersey is modern, and uses the same striping from the Capitals modern designs.

LAKingsfinalconcept.png

#6: Ottawa Senators

The Senators, for the third time in the last decade, unveil new home, away, and third jerseys for the 2011/2012 season. Back in black are the uniforms, returning the Sens to their expansion look. Only thing different with the jerseys is an updated font and modernized logo. The new third is red, with thick black sleeves and white "arm-bands" wrapping around the bicep. Featured on the sweater is the old home & away logo RBK-edge era. In 2013, the NHL announces that the Ottawa Senators will host the 2013 Heritage Classic against the Edmonton Oilers. Ottawa, with the help of Reebok, sports throwback barber-pole jerseys. The throwbacks are complete with white box-plates surrounding the numbers for contrast purposes and an "O" logo in the center. The NHL allows Ottawa to wear no numbers on the shoulders to make the jersey even more authentic.

OttawaSenatorsconcept.png

Archived