NHL 2013

Injection

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Winnipeg Jets returned from Pheonix in 2012, forcing the Moose out. Vancouver wanted their AHL affiliate to be closer, so they relocated it to Victoria. The new team took the Cougars name, a name that has been around in Victoria hockey for a long time. The new colours were two tones of orange, black, and white. The new logo was of a cougar head.

Victoria.png

Hey check out these original Vancouver Millionaires unis... pretty sweet!

And here's what the Victoria Cougars original threads looked like...

viccoug.pngvicar2.png

Will you QUIT spamming and threadjacking?!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Awesome work on the Vancouver set. The White on the cuffs of the home may seem like a small detail but it makes an already awesome jersey even better. Your concept is exactly what the Canucks should be wearing right now. Great work.

Hey check out these original Vancouver Millionaires unis... pretty sweet!

And here's what the Victoria Cougars original threads looked like...

viccoug.pngvicar2.png

Will you QUIT spamming and threadjacking?!

Um, excuse me?

I was simply posting some cool throwbacks as a point-of-reference.

Will you please go blow yourself? What an a--hole.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I would LOVE to that entire situation with the Coyotes moving back to the 'Peg and the Moose relocating to Victoria and being named the Cougars. (A secret fantasy of mine as well). My only critique would be the colours and the logo. Just not feeling that cougar head. I know right now that the Junior B team here under the same name uses the Flames colours and template but I think going back to the original colours of gold and blue or the WHL colours of red, blue and white would work better as well as incorporating a modernized "cougar leaping through the V logo" and/or a modernized "V C" logo. That would really sell here in the city...if this were actually going to happen of course.

On a side note, what's going to happen to the Salmon Kings? lol

I would LOVE to that entire situation with the Coyotes moving back to the 'Peg and the Moose relocating to Victoria and being named the Cougars. (A secret fantasy of mine as well). My only critique would be the colours. I know right now that the Junior B team here under the same name uses the Flames colours and template but I think going back to the original colours of gold and blue or the WHL colours of red, blue and white would work better and would really sell here in the city...if this were actually going to happen of course.

On a side note, what's going to happen to the Salmon Kings? lol

Thanks!

I never saw Blue and Gold as appropriate colours for a cougar. The two-tone Orange is a colour scheme that really hasn't been used, and looks pretty good with black. I'm thinking of making the blue and gold as a throwback jersey only.

Salmon Kings get relocated to some other town in British Columbia.

#3 Toronto Maple Leafs/ Toronto Marlies

The Leafs made very little uniform changes since the new Home and Away jerseys were unveiled in 2010. The biggest change was the unveiling of a new third jersey. Replacing the very popular 35-point leaf jersey was the 1967-70 design. Fans didn't like the switch, so MLSE made up for it with a cheesy gimmick by changing the Marlies' jerseys with the old third jersey design. The logo was modified to change the script from "TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS" to "TORONTO MARLIES".

Toronto.png

Marilieslogo.png

Mariles.png

I like what you did with the Canucks, but I think it would have been better to save the Cougars for a Detroit Red Wings throwback.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), it went: Victoria Cougars > Detroit Cougars > Detroit Falcons > Detroit Red Wings

I liked your Millionaires alt for the Canucks too, it was solid.

As for the Leafs, I like what you've done, but do you think they'd ever do something radical and use a St. Pats throwback as an alt? I think that'd be awesome. Solid work on the Marlies as well. It's an upgrade over what they current wear.

I hope that a-hole from the other day doesn't accuse me of "thread-jacking", as all I am doing is posting cool ideas and suggestions, but can you see MLSE using something like these on a Leafs alt?

6440.gif280.gif

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I know it's vintage and all, but that Pats uniform is UG to the LEE. Thank God Mats moved on.

Well they did the thing where they wear throwback gloves and pants... if they modernized the gloves, pants and helmet (in maybe, WHITE?) I think those unis would look crisp.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Archived