2014 FIFA World Cup

theweatherman

Hey guys, just thought I'd do some concepts for the next World Cup...here's how it plays out:

A policy change that I came up with is that all teams must wear the 2014 World Cup logo as a patch on their kits...other than that no new policy changes.

Concepts will be posted in the order that I listed here....Enjoy!

POOL A:

United States

Italy

Scotland

Egypt

POOL B:

England

Cote D'Ivoire

Chile

Guatemala

POOL C:

Japan

Spain

Slovakia

New Zealand

POOL D:

France

Argentina

Greece

Uruguay

POOL E:

Ireland

South Korea

China

Brazil

POOL F:

Cameroon

Germany

Portugal

Russia

POOL G:

Sweden

Australia

Mexico

Ghana

POOL H:

Netherlands

Canada

Poland

Iraq

Wow, this is pretty bad. The selection of teams is unrealistic, and Donovan is spelled wrong, the stripes on the away are hideous, the red circle on the home doesn't go with the concept, the USA script on the front is pointless. But you've inspired me to do something like this

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

Yeah your groups are totally out of whack, other than Europe, two teams from the same confederation can't meet in the group stages (see groups D & E) and also more than 2 European nations cannot meet either (see group F). Looking at it more realistically also means that Brazil will also be placed in Group A no matter how the other teams turn out.

I don't think it's set in stone yet how many nations from each confederation will be allowed to qualify but I think it's safe to say you've included one too many European nations, I'd switch one for a South American one personally.

As for your kits, they're quite dull and the red circle doesn't contribute much neither does the 'USA' below it. The white kit is better, kind of pays tribute to other North American sports in its style. Try to put a bit more detail into your stuff in the future, like additional US logos on the shorts, better number positioning there too and don't forget about the rear of the collar.

Looking forward to seeing more, it's a bit of a shame how so many soccer threads have died down around here since the end of the World Cup.

I think that the "USA" text under the circle is sort of redundant since you have the US Soccer Federation crest on the breast of the shirt. I actually like the simplicity of these designs and the collars on both. But I would eliminate the bottom stripes on the away jersey. Also, this is just a personal wish, but I'd like to see the US go back to a lighter shade of blue. Just my opinion though.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived