My Junior College got Phoenix'ed

Kou

You can't call that font City. Check out the graphics package they link to on their site for their vendors. They actually call the font Casper, a customized font complete with the bevel. They even include instructions on how to color the font properly.

Logo package

Thanks for the link there are some neat secondaries I hadn't seen at school.

I like it a lot, who says a logo can't be detailed? Sure the wordmark is the same style time and time again, but it doesn't exactly look horrible.

In the NBDL's (NBA D-League) inaugural season, every team, all eight of them, used the same wordmark. It looked hoorible. Put all of PDW's clients side-by-side. They'll look horrible.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like it a lot, who says a logo can't be detailed? Sure the wordmark is the same style time and time again, but it doesn't exactly look horrible.

If I was paying the kind of money that PDW is charging for their services, I'd want something a little different, with a little more effort and creativity put into it then they do for everyone else. I'm not kidding when I say this, I could create that wordmark in under a minute, no problem. I would feel really guilty charging someone top dollar for something that took me 45 seconds, that I've done a million times for other people. But if schools are dumb enough to fall for their sales pitch then they deserve it.

I'll put this out to any school right now, I'll create the same exact wordmark Phoenix creates (you get your choice of City Bold, Friz Quadtra Bold Italic or whatever the 3rd font they use is) and I'll charge you 1/3 of the price. I'll have it for you the same day, GUARANTEED.

We can keep arguing the same point but Phoenix keeps getting clients.

Its the schools fault for not asking for more or doing research to find a better designer.

I have designed a few college/university logos and most came word of mouth, so i guess if you do alot you get your name out there.

Archived