Windsor Spitfires

Discrim

a little something for the only Spits around...

spitfiresset.png

basically, the main crest is their old logo surrounded by crosshairs. The jersey cut's kinda basic, but effective. And as you may have noticed, the blue and red shades used on the alt are different from those on the home/away palette, as I intended for both to be darker than their modern brethren, as the modern blue is supposed to appear more royalish while the vintage set leans more towards navy. The dark red sleeve numbers on the third are meant to further the vintage feel I was going for there. And in case you wanted to congratulate me on the third crest's script, hold off on that; it was used on an early 70s Spitfires crest.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

it looks very solid, but it has the same logical disconnect that the Whalers had with Pucky the Whale. they're whalers, they kill whales. why is a cute whale on their jersey? Are those crosshairs from another plane trying to (or about to) shoot down a spitfire? why would they have a representation of someone trying to kill their logo as their logo?

It's a nice concept, but it's one of those "once you've seen it, you can't unsee it" things in my mind.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm not a fan of the cross hairs across the bottom of the jerseys. The font is a good choice though, it feels fast and strong, like a fighter plane. I really like the throwback alternate, the back number should be single layer I feel, having the one back nubmer as a triple seems too much when the sleeves are simple. I love the striping though, the diagonal works better than the vertical they currently use.

a little something for the only Spits around...

spitfiresset.png

basically, the main crest is their old logo surrounded by crosshairs. The jersey cut's kinda basic, but effective. And as you may have noticed, the blue and red shades used on the alt are different from those on the home/away palette, as I intended for both to be darker than their modern brethren, as the modern blue is supposed to appear more royalish while the vintage set leans more towards navy. The dark red sleeve numbers on the third are meant to further the vintage feel I was going for there. And in case you wanted to congratulate me on the third crest's script, hold off on that; it was used on an early 70s Spitfires crest.

Gorgeous. Well done sir. I'm particularly fancy to the third ... I'd wear one of those for sure. Great effort constable! Cheers!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

it looks very solid, but it has the same logical disconnect that the Whalers had with Pucky the Whale. they're whalers, they kill whales. why is a cute whale on their jersey? Are those crosshairs from another plane trying to (or about to) shoot down a spitfire? why would they have a representation of someone trying to kill their logo as their logo?

It's a nice concept, but it's one of those "once you've seen it, you can't unsee it" things in my mind.

BINGO! As soon as I saw it I thought why would the Spitfires be shooting down Spitfires? It really makes no sense to use the cross hairs in that way. The rest is very solid. But you should remove the cross hairs around the Spitfire or use them in another way.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Yeah...illogical. But I definitely prefer this style of plane logo to what they have now... Some form of their 80s logo, with brown and orange would be best. These are certainly nicer then their current look; a terrible logo with a caps-rip off template. My hometown team -- somewhat disgusted with their unis for many many years.

How bout some variation of that logo in the top right? What is that? It'd look pretty phenominal methinks.

Archived