Big Sky Conference Logo

MTWillie

A while back I got to thinking that the Big Sky Conference logo could be done differently. I like the one they currently use, but I decided to make some adjustments and see what I could come up with. Simple concept, with a more modern feel. I'm not finished with it by any means, I just wanted to show what I have so far. C&C appreciated.

Original

BigSkyConference_100.png

My version

61260847508432488229.png

I'm in no condition to post...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

44432582326267196666.png

I like the top part but not feeling the text. I don't think the box-thing works are all. I would just put the text and move it up. The font isn't great either. It looks close to impact to me but something seems different? I think you could do much better. Also gradients are fine for one version but you may want to post a solid color version to, to give a better idea of how it works. And you may want to give examples on how it would work on different color backgrounds and not just white

Overall-great start. looks great

The problem with this, is that everything is enclosed. You've taken away the freedom of the concept behind Big Sky and that is "the sky is the limit." It feels closterphobic as opposed to being free. It's good, it just doesn't fit the idea of the name.

+1. I like the mountain feel of the logo, but by encapsulating the "sky" portion, it does feel closed off. Also, the italic font of the original has more of a "motion" or "action" feel than the block text that you used.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived