Red Sox owners purchase EPL's Liverpool

jr79

http://news.bbc.co.u...ool/9064599.stm

Tom Hicks is fighting tooth and nail to stop the sale, but the various conditions the banks have placed on his loans may make it impossible for him to stop it. I really wonder if NESV is wealthy enough to compete with Russian oligarchs and Arab oil tycoons in the distorted marketplace of English football.

liverpool-1.png

I don't see why anyone would try. It seems like a great way to lose a fortune.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I don't see why anyone would try. It seems like a great way to lose a fortune.

I dunno...from what I heard if the current owners legal challenges are thrown out,Henry is getting it for less then 1/2 of what Hicks and Gillett were trying to squeeze out of the club, and large chunks of the debts from the previous owners will go away as well (Man U should be so lucky)...Not too bad of an investment if you have a couple hundred mil to throw around

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Strategies like this worked so well for the Glaser family, I see no reason that this should be any different.

The Glazer family doesn't own the sports equivalent of an ATM in the Boston Red Sox.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Strategies like this worked so well for the Glaser family, I see no reason that this should be any different.

The Glazer family doesn't own the sports equivalent of an ATM in the Boston Red Sox.

This is bad for fans of the Red Sox, Liverpool, and even Roush-Fenway Racing.

Red Sox: Buying Liverpool should instantly tell you that your budget to stay within sight of the Yankees is probably gone. Their payroll was about $160 this season. Don't expect it to rise, expect it to fall. Since it seems they are resigned to stay at Fenway, they have done all they can do to maximize revenues. Games are still "sold out", but not all seats are used. I would not be surprised if they try to flip the Red Sox.

Liverpool: Another US ownership group should bring questions, especially concerning on how hands on an owner they will be and if they want to develop a new Anfield. If Hicks/Gillette could not get financing, who is to say that this group can get financing? Plus, a pledge to remove the club's debt and a plan to remove the debt are two different things.

They are not just battling the Yankees, Mets, and LA teams for free agents, they are going up against all top clubs of Europe....all who have owners with deep pockets.

EDIT: Remember this season they are not in the Champions League, but qualified for the Europa League. The money from the tournaments differ by a wide, wide margin. Their current start may not even have them get back to the Europa league for 2011.

Roush-Fenway:I would not be surprised if they try to sell their share to concentrate on the others. They do not have all their sponsors back yet for 2011. They will just do as much as they currently are in terms of money (or less).

Heck, they may try to ask cable companies for more to carry NESN, which will be passed on to the consumers.

9 point deduction for Liverpool could mean no deal.

For the lazy:

THE LIVERPOOL takeover is OFF if the Premier League carries out a threat to deduct the club nine points.

New England Sports Ventures will walk away from their £300m deal if this week's court case ends with Liverpool being forced into administration.

The group led by John W. Henry is furious that both the league and Royal Bank of Scotland appear to have shifted positions on this key issue in the last 24 hours.

NESV held two months of intensive negotiations with Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton when the grim prospect of administration was not on the agenda.

But yesterday, Broughton publicly admitted a nine point penalty was a possible, 'catastrophic' outcome.

That caused consternation among the Boston-based group who believed they had guarantees a nine-point deduction was an unrealistic threat.

Now NESV are disturbed by the contradictory messages, making this week's court hearing on the club's future even more decisive.

So yeah, if Liverpool goes into administration because of this sale, no more LiverSox.

Red Sox: Buying Liverpool should instantly tell you that your budget to stay within sight of the Yankees is probably gone. Their payroll was about $160 this season. Don't expect it to rise, expect it to fall. Since it seems they are resigned to stay at Fenway, they have done all they can do to maximize revenues. Games are still "sold out", but not all seats are used. I would not be surprised if they try to flip the Red Sox.

...give or take a few million...

I saw, I came, I left.

That and the purchase price went to RBS, which paid the majority of the club debt off, The Glazer family financed the purchase of Man U and then put all the debt on the club so the strategies are a little different..

Kinda funny how the Red Sox are owners of Liverpool now and the Yankees are connected to Man U through marketing agreements and other commercial deals..

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

People told me, a Red Sox fan, that I'm going to support the Reds because my beloved franchise bought them.

I was going to send them to hell... why, must I root for those damn guys who beat us in that marvelous World Series ever played in 1975...!!! NO DEAL! :cursing:

Er-- those Reds aren't from Cincy? Sure?

Englishmen?! Redcoats beat by Americans 235 years ago there in Bunker Hill?!?!?!

IS BASEBALL GOING TO DEFEAT SOCCER?! :shocked:

No way, José! :P

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived