Miami Redhawks

dmhtfld

Nebraska and Wisconsin

+1... err +2.

A school like Miami-Oh can afford to be a little more risque than NU or Wisc. Those schools are pretty much honor-bound to their classic style uniforms, but the Redhawks can be a little more flashy.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Nebraska and Wisconsin

+1... err +2.

A school like Miami-Oh can afford to be a little more risque than NU or Wisc. Those schools are pretty much honor-bound to their classic style uniforms, but the Redhawks can be a little more flashy.

As a Miami alum, I heartily disagree. Obviously Miami has been nowhere near as successful as Nebraska or Wisconsin, but Miami has been playing football since at least 1888 (beginning of rivalry with Cincinnati). That makes it traditional to me. Plus, Miami is a very traditional campus. Georgian-brick three-story buildings, etc. Flashy does not fit Miami. The jerseys during the Roethlisberger years (immediately after I graduated) were awful. And the uniforms during my years ('97-'01) were way too plain. I think their current unis (and the above set) strike a nice, clean balance.

Well kmw_29, if you hated the uniforms during the roethlisberger years then you will probably not like these since I used those uniforms as a reference for these ones.

Ha. These are no where near as bad as the Roethlisberger ones. These are ok for a simplified modern look. I like that you are using the traditional helmet (no stripes). This makes me miss being at Miami! I need to go back for alumni weekend. Ha.

Hey, no disrespect meant to Miami. My first experience with them was playing an NCAA game a while back and wondering why the Hurricanes were ranked so low and wearing red.

Anyway, as an outsider to the Miami-OH world, I always thought of them as being one of the more dominant teams in their league, but I had no idea they had been playing ball so long.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Well kmw_29, if you hated the uniforms during the roethlisberger years then you will probably not like these since I used those uniforms as a reference for these ones.

Ha. These are no where near as bad as the Roethlisberger ones. These are ok for a simplified modern look. I like that you are using the traditional helmet (no stripes). This makes me miss being at Miami! I need to go back for alumni weekend. Ha.

Go Bobcats.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived