New Project

eddie010

(* while many people would claim that the Mighty Ducks are a tool of Disney and were used primarily as a marketing gimmick, the only thing the Ducks have in common with the movies of the same name IS the name! The jerseys where created independently of the movie, but was then the choice of Disney to utilize them in a sequel, much as it is the choice of pop/rap artists to wear various jerseys in music videos. If people object to a team being names after a movie, I see nobody objecting to the St. Louis Blues being named after a song (that was also a movie).)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Roger, what's really interesting about the whole Mighty Ducks thing is that the NHL allowed Anaheim's franchise to be called the Mighty Ducks, however they prohibited Anaheim's expansion mates in Florida to call their team the Miami Blockbusters because the name and proposed uniforms were too closely suggestive of the video store chain owned by Miami's owner Wayne Huizinga. Hence the Florida Panthers came to be with a color scheme that at the time featured Blockbuster's signature yellow and a slightly darker blue only as trim.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alrighty!

Back I am, with 5 new additions, in no particular order, simply the ones I felt like completing first.

I have a new template, kindly provided by Paynomind. Personally, I think it makes the project look 50x better.

I also downloaded a trial of Corel Draw, but got fed up with it after I couldn't figure anything out. So it was back to Paint!

Thanks again to Brent for supplying me with the logos I needed.

And now, without further ado...

New York Islanders - This was the first set I made with Payno's template. Home jersey idea is taken from Chelsea FC's (England) away strip. Road is similar to Adidas's template of 2 years ago. Third is somewhat resembling Nike's 2002 template. Oh yeah, the sponsor is Computer Associates, as JC recommended.

New Jersey Devils - A Brazilian league inspired kit, both home and road. To no one's surprise, Continental Airlines is the sponsor.

Pittsburgh Penguins - A better version of Nike's 2002 template. Thanks to PittUtd. for supplying me with the Heinz logo.

Washington Capitals - Featuring Adidas's new 2004 template, featuring a light blue mesh, on the home strip and the old 2002 template on the road strip. Decided to go with the US Army logo, because the badges looked crappy on the jerseys.

Philadelphia Flyers - Again, home and road feature Adidas's 2002 template. The alternate features the 2004 Adidas template; to those who don't know why the meshes are the colours they are, then I shall explain. The mesh has two layers: the inside one is usually a secondary colour, and the outside one is usually the same colour. This then creates a somewhat modern design, while staying true to the team's traditional colours.

And there we have it, hopefully you all enjoy the new template. Once again, questions/comments/critiques are welcome!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Wow, Eddie... I actually LIKE the Vegas gold on that Pens concept. That's pretty sweet. (And you're welcome, on the Heinz logo. :D )

The Caps and Devils are both excellent. The Isles' third, I could've done without the blue underarm blades. I know, it's on the sweater, but it's a design element that just doesn't work in either place. Otherwise, it reminds me of Dundee United...

Then we come to the Flyers, and that third... The mesh was a good try, but it just doesn't do it for me. I dunno, maybe if both meshes were white... the side mesh kinda clashes with the numbers, and I think that's what really throws me off of it.

Overall, 4 out of 5.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

"When's the next BUMP?"

"Not for a while, with this Logolympiad craze. Plus the fact that exams are coming up :cry: But I'll see what I can handle.

"Oh, does anyone have the LA Kings numbers?"

Two words for ya, Eddie: Roger Clemente.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

"When's the next BUMP?"

"Not for a while, with this Logolympiad craze. Plus the fact that exams are coming up :cry: But I'll see what I can handle.

"Oh, does anyone have the LA Kings numbers?"

Two words for ya, Eddie: Roger Clemente.

:wacko: Man am I clueless....I meant letters, and I'm pretty sure RC doesn't have em.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Archived