Saints championship logo

2K10Dawg

thanks scarsofthumper and bmac, @andrewharrington i like it lol

It was created in-house by the Saints. You'd probably feel like I do if you saw the options they turned down.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It was created in-house by the Saints. You'd probably feel like I do if you saw the options they turned down.

What did they really need for this logo, though? The current logo tells you everything you need to know: that the Saints won the Super Bowl last season.

What did they really need for this logo, though? The current logo tells you everything you need to know: that the Saints won the Super Bowl last season.

So, there are two singers that each know the lyrics to 'The Star Spangled Banner.' They can each keep proper time with the backup band and can sing at the same volume. Do you take the guy whose grumpy, not compelling in front of a crowd and whose voice cracks sometimes while he's singing, or do you take the lady who has the brilliant smile, friendly persona and smooth, powerful voice?

I guess I'll never understand settling for 'good enough.'

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

So, there are two singers that each know the lyrics to 'The Star Spangled Banner.' They can each keep proper time with the backup band and can sing at the same volume. Do you take the guy whose grumpy, not compelling in front of a crowd and whose voice cracks sometimes while he's singing, or do you take the lady who has the brilliant smile, friendly persona and smooth, powerful voice?

I don't understand your analogy at all.

Again, I ask... What does this logo lack? Sure, they could have gone for something much more detailed, fancy, elaborate, etc. But why? It's simple and to the point. The point of a logo is to visually convey information, which this does. Anyone looking at it at a glance will know the Saints won the Super Bowl.

If this was some logo that was going to represent the franchise for the next 50 seasons, then yes, they might want to consider something different. But this is worn for either the current season or even just a couple of games, and thus it really need not be extremely elaborate.

I don't understand your analogy at all.

Again, I ask... What does this logo lack? Sure, they could have gone for something much more detailed, fancy, elaborate, etc. But why? It's simple and to the point. The point of a logo is to visually convey information, which this does. Anyone looking at it at a glance will know the Saints won the Super Bowl.

If this was some logo that was going to represent the franchise for the next 50 seasons, then yes, they might want to consider something different. But this is worn for either the current season or even just a couple of games, and thus it really need not be extremely elaborate.

I don't really understand how you don't get my analogy. It's the exact same scenario you're trying to justify to me. The Saints have a 'Champions' patch. They chose this patch (which came from their in-house design team, apparently) over some much better options which conveyed the same information, i.e., they did their job equally well as the one they chose. They weren't necessarily more detailed or elaborate, they were just better, but they chose the one that was 'good enough.' The one they chose doesn't lack anything really, but it doesn't convey the information in a very attractive or compelling way, which is what design is all about.

Archived