Basketball Courts For NHL Teams

Ness

#1. ANAHEIM MIGHTY DUCKS

duckscourt.png

(I don't know what happened with the white space on the court, it was like that when I pasted the Mighty Ducks logo :mad:)

This is my first concept, please excuse the poor quality.

Eggplant everywhere but the upper key near the basket, where it's jade.

I used the old 3rd Jersey script because it was the best wordmark for the job when they were called the Mighty Ducks - the other one reminds me of Star Wars~

I also had the interlocking MD within the 3point line and the forward Duck Goalie Mask at midcourt. The MD was simple and would work the best of the alternate logos (trying to stay away from the hockey sticks and other equipment used for hockey, it wouldn't work well with the court). The FDGM took the place of a standard tipoff circle and was once again simple, just not as much.

And yes, I did MIGHTY Ducks, not Ducks. A court with Ducks colours would look like a pool of vomit.

C+C would help, thank you~

I WILL BE DOING THE TEAMS IN ABC ORDER, PLUS I MAY DO SOME DEFUNCT TEAMS (Quebec, Winnipeg, and Hartford are my front runners)

1972-1996. We will never forget our team.

WinnipegJetsSquareSig.png

Go Jets Go!

They'll be back one day!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a cool idea. Unfortunately, I can't see the image you posted. Not sure if it's just me.

Edit - I can see it now.

I think it looks cool, but I don't dig the script you are using for the baseline, at least not on that angle. Is there any way you could make the script parallel to the baseline, i.e. un-angled? Either way though, I don't think it looks good as a baseline logo. It's sort of hard to read.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

This is a cool idea. Unfortunately, I can't see the image you posted. Not sure if it's just me.

Just fixed it. My album name at the time had a cuss in it, so I had to make a new album and move it there. You should be able to see it now.

Go Jets Go!

They'll be back one day!

Edit - I can see it now.

I think it looks cool, but I don't dig the script you are using for the baseline, at least not on that angle. Is there any way you could make the script parallel to the baseline, i.e. un-angled? Either way though, I don't think it looks good as a baseline logo. It's sort of hard to read.

I probably could, but not at this moment - I want to get them all finished before making edits

Go Jets Go!

They'll be back one day!

#2: ATLANTA THRASHERS

ThrashersCourt.png

Baby blue baseline - primary colour on home jerseys

Navy Blue upper key - trim colour on road and home jerseys

Burgundy free throw area - primary colour on alternate jersey

A-Bird and Flying Thrasher alternates used within the 3point line. Thrasher head at mid court (wanted to stay away from hockey equipment, such as the stick in the primary)

I'll be doing the whole league so stay tuned!~

Go Jets Go!

They'll be back one day!

Too much red. The center court logo should have more powder. And the logos are far too big.

Thanks for the advice, when I do the Boston B's I'll be sure to fix the logo size issue~

Go Jets Go!

They'll be back one day!

ness - very cool idea. This is a good 'cross-over', I like it! :hockeysmiley:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

#3: BOSTON BRUINS

bruinscourt.png

My gripes:

-Too much black

-Wordmark too big

-Too little gold

Other than that, I fixed the size issue that was prominent in my Thrashers court~

Go Jets Go!

They'll be back one day!

The Bruins one looks cool, especially since that color combo isn't used in the NBA.

However, a couple of comments -

1)I would switch the center court logo with the caddy-cornered logos. The "bear" logo is more detailed, and I think would look more appropriate at center court. The "spokes" logo is simpler and cleaner, so it would look good even if its size were reduced. I think teams usually keep their "minimalist" logos to inside the arc, because they still look good even if reduced in size.

2)Not too keen on the "double-liner" baseline text. I think the BOSTON would be hard to see and read. Maybe put BOSTON on one baseline and BRUINS on the other? Just a thought.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

#4: BUFFALO SABRES

SabresCourt.png

I took a spin on a Lakers-style court with the all-navy blue which changes to gold with the team wordmark key-width.~

My gripes this time:

-Wordmark looks too cramped

-The logos are poor quality (is there a way to make them look less fuzzy in Paint?)

Go Jets Go!

They'll be back one day!

#5: CALGARY FLAMES

FlamesCourt.png

I think this is by far my best one. I don't have any complaints about this. I even found the Scotiabank Saddledome logo~

Go Jets Go!

They'll be back one day!

It's good, but your logos are kind of distorted (too wide). Try putting the original logo on Microsoft Word and dragging from the bottom right corner until you reach your desired size. Then copy and paste onto the Paint thing. It may take a few tries to get the desired size. Then, whelah!, you have a nice, clean logo! (bow)

25yzwqg.png

It's good, but your logos are kind of distorted (too wide). Try putting the original logo on Microsoft Word and dragging from the bottom right corner until you reach your desired size. Then copy and paste onto the Paint thing. It may take a few tries to get the desired size. Then, whelah!, you have a nice, clean logo! (bow)

Thanks. Once I finish the whole league I'll look at the criticism that I get and improve on that (like how I improved from Atlanta to now)

I'm on Dallas at the moment, I just haven't bothered to upload Colorado and Columbus~

Go Jets Go!

They'll be back one day!

Slow down, bro. Take time to make each one instead of copy-and-pasting and leaving rough edges. Being an MS Paint user, I know it can be frustrating, but if you pace yourself you can make great stuff.

Great point. And, Ness, you need more red on the paint. Too much black.

25yzwqg.png

Archived