Arizona State football concept

knnhrvy16

Hey guys!

I've had this Sun Devils idea in my head for a really long time, and I finally decided to act on it and crank it out before it left me.

It's nothing too crazy, but I think it's both modern and traditional enough to appeal to fans from different eras. My main inspiration was the 1996 uniforms, the ones worn during ASU's Rose Bowl run. I decided to put some modern touches on that look, including a subliminated sunburst-like design on the shoulders loosely based on the Arizona state flag pattern. For the alternate, I wanted to capitalize on a "golden" opportunity (pun certainly intended) to make a gold-out uniform. Of all the teams in college football, I've always thought Arizona State would be the most fit and perfect for a gold-out, seeing as how they are the SUN Devils, after all. A quick word about the collars: the front features a "42", and back features "PAT", in honor of ASU great and American hero, the late Pat Tillman. The throwback is based on the 1986 uniforms, worn during another Rose Bowl run, in which ASU defeated Michigan to win the 1987 Grandaddy of 'em all. I would intend this uniform to be worn on a Thanksgiving game or a rivalry game against Arizona (though the gold-out "Sun uniforms" would be cool for that game too).

This set also has a maroon pair and white pair of pants, and all pants are interchangeable with the home, away, and alternate uniforms.

I also intend to make a pro combat uniform that pays tribute to Pat Tillman and the armed forces in the near future, but as of now I'm still trying to figure out what exactly to do with it, so it may be a while.

Also, I tried to run everything through vectormagic and clean it up, but it screwed up nearly everything on the uniform, losing outlines and eliminating the face on Sparky, so I ditched that product and had to stick with the original paint file, so all apologies.

Anyways here they are! C&C appreciated as always!

NikePCArizonaState.png

NCAAProCombatArizonaState2.png

NikePCArizonaStatepantoptions.png

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As a current student and avid fan of ASU football/athletics I have to say that I LOVE this concept for a lot of reasons!

1. I love the number font because although the collegiate font is used by ASU all over, in all sports, it's a part of their identity I wish they would drop, starting with their uni-numbers and continuing with the "Arizona State" script over the numbers

2. Continuing with the script, I loved again how you took away the two-color collegiate font and went back to what they wore in the rose bowl.

3. The pant piping is really sleek and is in sync with the school's current identity.

2 suggestions I have is adding the interlocking "AS" on front of the pants as I've heard Coach Erickson prefers that logo. Also I personally would use their current "PT42" logo honoring Pat Tillman because it's pretty universally used around campus. Perfect execution though! I'd love to see a special Tillman armed services alternate!

Thanks for the comments everyone! And jartigue23, it's great to hear from a student and fan as well!

I'm still having trouble with the Tillman tribute, as everything that comes out looks too much like the Wounded Warrior series. Ill keep working on many ideas for it though and keep you all posted.

Thanks again everyone!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

My complete hatred for all things Scum Devil aside, I like it. The sun rays on the shoulder are a really nice touch.

One thing I'd do is move the PT-42 insignia to the shoulder as a patch. Maybe put it where the Pac-10 logo is on the real uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived