Indiana Head Football Coach

nuordr

Check out this link on Indiana University. It is for job positions at the University and anyone can apply. This is the most absurd way I have ever heard of a University offering a coaching position.

This is not how they are conducting their search. My guess is that there is a rule that says all their positions must be posted on this site. They will still realistically conduct the search as all other schools do.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Check out this link on Indiana University. It is for job positions at the University and anyone can apply. This is the most absurd way I have ever heard of a University offering a coaching position.

This is not how they are conducting their search. My guess is that there is a rule that says all their positions must be posted on this site. They will still realistically conduct the search as all other schools do.

That is likely the case, it is a state university and has to have an open search.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That is likely the case, it is a state university and has to have an open search.

You are probably right, but I thought it was funny when I seen it this morning while applying for a position. However, the University I work for now did not put our Head Football Coaching Position on their website when they had a vacancy.

spacer.png

I'm pretty sure public schools have to advertise on their websites. I know I've seen other major universities advertise for head coaching positions in revenue sports before.

That said, with online applicants, you are less likely to get a coach who will challenge the AD's efforts to build a cult of personality at the school, so I'm sure Glass sees the appeal of that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It absolutly is a state law that the position is posted or advertised in this way. Heck, the school I live by redefined the roll of one of their assistant coaches recently, and to fulfill this requirement, took out a small ad in the local paper. I hadn't heard that any assistants had left, so asked the AD the next time I saw him. His response? It's the law, and by advertising in the least visable way, they virtually guaranteed no applicants (since they weren't really trying to replace the coach, just adding responsibilities to his job), and he would be the only one to apply. Bureaucracy's a bitch...

Done and done.

What's the worst that happens...they say "No."? Or actually getting the job?

That. Glass sees the football team as a time killing auxiliary to fund the basketball program.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived