My Own Football League

MC2

I will be creating a 24 team league, the league logo, and name is still undecided, but any suggestions would be nice.

American Conference:

East:

New York Rage

Tampa Bay Barracudas

Miami Riptide

Central:

Detroit Black Knights

Minnesota Aces

Houston ***

Chicago Tigers

West:

Portland Kings

San Jose Mountain Lions

San Francisco Lightning

National Conference:

East:

New York Spartans

Carolina Pirates

Jacksonville Kodiaks

Washington Senators

Central:

Cleveland Bruins

Pittsburgh Crusaders

Texas Mustangs

West:

Seattle BayHawks

Phoenix Red Hawks

Boise Mammoths

San Diego Pride

Cleveland Bruins

Home:

clevelandbruinshome.png

Away:

clevelandbruinsaway.png

Throwback:

rj2hjo.jpg

Portland Kings

Home:

portlandkingshome.png

Away:

portlandkingsaway.png

Alternate:

2dqitxs.jpg

***I will most likely be posting new teams on a weekly basis. ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!!***

ALL LOGOS WERE FOUND ON A WEBSITE, THEY WERE NOT MADE BY ME, SO IF YOU RECOGNIZE THEM, PLEASE NOTE THIS, THANK YOU

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I'm someone very picky about this sort of thing nowadays, but if you're going to make a league concept, wouldn't it be better to design the logos yourself?

I'm new to Inkscape and this sort of thing (I started Monday night), so I really just can't make my own logos, as in, I'm not able.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I'm someone very picky about this sort of thing nowadays, but if you're going to make a league concept, wouldn't it be better to design the logos yourself?

I'm new to Inkscape and this sort of thing (I started Monday night), so I really just can't make my own logos, as in, I'm not able.

There's always MS Paint. Believe it or not, it can be your best friend. And you don't have to use Inkscape or Illustrator, either. You can go to Vector Magic after you're finished and get it vectorized for free. I'm not trying to be a downer, because I encourage creativity and you've got an idea that can flourish. But, attempt some designs for yourself. In the end you'll find it very rewarding and will find that you have more ability in design than you previously thought.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

If you're new to it, then take some time to get used to it and take it slow. You don't have to post concepts right away. Take a few weeks and get the hang of things.

There's always MS Paint. Believe it or not, it can be your best friend. And you don't have to use Inkscape or Illustrator, either. You can go to Vector Magic after you're finished and get it vectorized for free. I'm not trying to be a downer, because I encourage creativity and you've got an idea that can flourish. But, attempt some designs for yourself. In the end you'll find it very rewarding and will find that you have more ability in design than you previously thought.

Is this a start to making logos? (It's supposed to be a mountain lion, the left side is the mouth, the head is facing left)

n2ook3.jpg

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Is this a start to making logos? (It's supposed to be a mountain lion, the left side is the mouth, the head is facing left)

n2ook3.jpg

It's a start. Try looking at the Panthers logo in your sig. Now, it's not a great logo, but one thing it does right is have a consistent outline. The uneven outlines on yours make the logo look jagged and unrefined. You also could a more clearly defined eye area. among other things. Since your league is using at least 10 animal names, let me direct you here: Davidson's Design Tutorial Part 2: Animals

Couple thoughts for you: You're creating a league from scratch, so in terms of the alignment, I would round the league out by adding teams in Los Angeles(American Conference West), Boston(American Conference East) and St. Louis(National Conference Central), based on media market size. I could argue that any national league really should represent Atlanta and Denver, but this is your project so I'm only offering 3 to make it the 24 you wanted.

As for a name? I'd like to see something different, not something ending in -FL. Something edgy like Football United(hahahah that advertising writes itself) or the American Football Alliance(AFA). Just ideas.

Lastly, uniforms.

Barons - You need the TV numbers on the backs of those jerseys too. I'd like to see some consistent outlines on the numbers, and I think even a different number striping pattern such as black-brick-red on the home and black-white-red on the road would liven up a relatively plain jersey design. You probably don't need the 3 white stripes AND the white ringer sleeves on the home, and you have an ultra-traditional one stripe helmet, and slightly more modern 3-stripe sleeve pattern and then a decidely modern tapered stripe on the pants. Try to make that more consistent and you could build a very clean uniform for a team(Barons) that sounds like it would have a classy uniform.

I may scratch that alt entirely, or at least use the uellow from the helmet logo.

Knights - Better, the elements flow a little more nicely. I wouldn't focus on alt until the main jerseys are set, then decide how you'd like to deviate a bit. I personally like when alts are different and not a recolor. I also think the Kings concept gets stronger with a black helmet and a tapered purple stripe on the pants rather than the ambigious shape you have now.

Good luck, keep working at it!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Just a question, can you remember which website you got these off, and if so can you tell me? I've been looking around for some logos that I can use in some of my fantasy leagues.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Archived