1985 Cardinals-Saints game

Blue Falcon

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't like the mandatory white portion of the socks for NFL teams. It's unnecessary and I much prefer the socks that are colored fully from knee to toe.

No way dude, I totally agree. That's one of the reasons, maybe the main one, why I love the Lions throwbacks so much.

PS - Bidwill, just to try to get it right :grin:

I'll work on that...strangely, I used to confuse ol' Packers QB Ernie Harber with Arnie Herber, and deceased Metallica bassist Cliff Burton with Burt Clifton. :blink:

The QB WAS Arnie Herber.

Heh - for me it was "Dale Carroll" at wide receiver for the Packers

Back in the '60s CBS' Jack Buck kept calling Cowboys tight end Pettis Norman "Norman Pettis." So Dallas sportswriter Blackie Sherrod wrote that Cowboy fans wanted announcer Buck Jack to get it right.

Packers-2.png

PS - Bidwill, just to try to get it right :grin:

I'll work on that...strangely, I used to confuse ol' Packers QB Ernie Harber with Arnie Herber, and deceased Metallica bassist Cliff Burton with Burt Clifton. :blink:

The QB WAS Arnie Herber.

Heh - for me it was "Dale Carroll" at wide receiver for the Packers

Back in the '60s CBS' Jack Buck kept calling Cowboys tight end Pettis Norman "Norman Pettis." So Dallas sportswriter Blackie Sherrod wrote that Cowboy fans wanted announcer Buck Jack to get it right.

When I lived in the DFW area it grated on the sports radio hosts when supposed Cowboys fans would call in to talk about Michael Irving. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Dick Butka.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

All color socks:

Ugh, not me. I cannot stand when players don't have the white lower sock. The worst is when they wear black socks, look like a bunch of accountants in pads. I know Nike and others make many colored socks now, but I think the white sock with upper block color or stripes is just a better look. Call me a traditionalist, but when I see teams with an all blue, all red or all black sock it just makes me think they are tu kewl fo skewl. Give me old school on the socks.

Sorry I couldn't keep the theme going. We're hosting Christmas tomorrow, and I had to get some candles for the frunchroom at the Jewels.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Those were 2 bad teams and I am not surprised that Bidwell Bidwill was more worried about the uniforms than actually winning. He wanted out of St. Louis at that point (not that I blame him), but the maroons were different in those years.

Already addressed.

Archived