An Nfl Challenge

WideRight

We have all seen a lot of grumbling about the newer jerseys in the NFL. It started with the Broncos' swoop uniforms, and continues with Tennessee, Buffalo, Atlanta, and now Cincinnati.

My challenge to you is this, fix the uniforms. But, one limitation. You cannot go "old school". The uniforms need to be "new style"--meaning you cannot return to a team's old uniform or create a new uniform which looks like it is from the 1970's. It must in some way use new style elements such as color blocks, side panels, tapered stripes, etc.

Can you fix the very uniforms you criticize, without being "traditional"?

That's the challenge.

He means that the Falcons concpet is so radical that if they actually used that it would open up a whole new debate about what to change on their unis.That could be said though for ANY uni out there but I think the idea of this thread was to try to correct and perfect those uni's flaws.At any rate I'm throwing my hat into the fire and will post my concepts in a bit.

98Falcons.png

Here is my Atlanta Falcons 'retooling'.Before Pantone informed me back on the fanhome board that teams didnt take unsolicited uni designs I actually packaged this concept and sent it to the Falcons front office for uni consideration.No surprise I never heard even a peep out of them but it was worth a try!My designs was for the most part exactly like this except there was no alternate and I had my own

updated Falcon for the helmet and another style for the sleeve.I was not as adept at computer art then so I used my drawing skills and drew Michael Vick in the black uni and Ray Buchanon in the white.I even made up a number font for this which I had to modify a font on my comp to get the look as close as possible to that style.If I had a choice of what they wear now and these I would take mine in a second,if maybe only that they are mine.Also I admit to being the world's biggest Falcons fan,so the thought of them in my unis was pretty cool.

HOME:

Falcons_Home.jpg

ROAD:

Falcons_Road.jpg

ALTERNATE:

Falcons_Alternate.jpg

98Falcons.png

Here is my Bengals re-tooling.I didnt think they needed a change in the first place but since I cant post what they previously wore I did just a slight update.I replaced the shoulder tiger striping with collar and cuff tiger stripes,and changed the pants stripes from horizontal to vertical.I added a 'central' stripe to the center of the helmet because if you notice,a tiger's stripes all come down from a center stripe on the Tiger's back.I dont really like the black sleeves on the white uni but this IS a modern uni concept and so I had to go with styles that are out today.Finally I added the tiger's head logo to the sleeve.I have read on here numerous times how much you guys like this logo and how it's underused,so it was a no-brainer to put it on the sleeves.Well,enjoy!Thoughts?

HOME:

Bengals_Home.jpg

ROAD:

Bengals_Road.jpg

ALTERNATE:

Bengals_Alternate.jpg

98Falcons.png

Nice work, robbman, but...

• Helmets should be black with the bengal head;
  • Bengals wordmark below NFL EQUIPMENT shield and "B" on sleeves;
  • Tiger striping off the sides of the jerseys and pants, replaced with black striping trimmed in orange on pants;
  • tops of socks should be black, not orange;
  • sleeves on white jersey should be white;
  • get rid of the black pants;
  • and maybe would look better with black shoes.

Otherwise, a lot better than those atorocities they plan to wear this year...or in the past. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

De nada, mi amigo.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Since I started it, it is only fair that I throw in a few:

Buffalo: http://www.geocities.com/cfflwebman/buff.jpg

and just for kicks, a couple of earlier ideas.

Arizona: http://www.geocities.com/cfflwebman/ariz.jpg

NY Jets: http://www.geocities.com/cfflwebman/NYJ.jpg

COPY & PASTE

Images may not be the clearest, but the idea is doable.

I'll tackle the Bills.

Bills Update Concept

These are great.

One thing to fix.. the pants stripe on the alt set doesn't match the jersey, the way you have it on the other two sets.

Also, I'm not crazy about the white logo on the blue jersey. You might want to use the blue logo outlined in white to make it pop.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived