Arkansas Travelers Minor League Baseball Concept *UPDATED*

Osborne

I started this post a while back and didn't have time to do anything with it over the holidays, so I thought I would re-post with some updates.

Quick catch up...the Arkansas Travelers (out of North Little Rock) need a logo update in a big way. Arkansas Travelers Current Logo Set

I grew up watching them play and decided I would work up a new set of logo concepts. C & C please.

PrimaryAlternate.jpg

Why not check out my blog? Oneoff Nation

very well done!I like the thick lines and the script.

I like the leaping horse too.

I dont think the guy's head alone works as a cap logo. it looks better when it is together with other things in the primary or on the alternate. i like the A alone for the cap logo or the NLR.

Another thing. On the Travs script, the v looks more like a U saying TRAUS.

Overall, this would be a nice upgrade and it works for minor league.

very well done!I like the thick lines and the script.

I like the leaping horse too.

I dont think the guy's head alone works as a cap logo. it looks better when it is together with other things in the primary or on the alternate. i like the A alone for the cap logo or the NLR.

Another thing. On the Travs script, the v looks more like a U saying TRAUS.

Overall, this would be a nice upgrade and it works for minor league.

Thank you. I will re-work the Travs script to make the V read as a V.

Some of the lettering looks pretty similar to the Cedar Rapids Kernels CR logo:

wovvdfeq5bxxl7a2mg4u5r2ow.gif

So you may want to watch how close you get to it.

On the Arkansas wordmark, I'm not so sure about how all the letters cover up so much of the next letter. I'd either seperate and/or move some of the letters out a little more and merge some of them together at the ends or something.

And to what jaha suggested with the Travs script, just take the connector of the v and s and put it at the upper part of the v. That should help clarify it.

Some of the lettering looks pretty similar to the Cedar Rapids Kernels CR logo:

So you may want to watch how close you get to it.

On the Arkansas wordmark, I'm not so sure about how all the letters cover up so much of the next letter. I'd either seperate and/or move some of the letters out a little more and merge some of them together at the ends or something.

And to what jaha suggested with the Travs script, just take the connector of the v and s and put it at the upper part of the v. That should help clarify it.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah that is really close. I based the lettering off some old Angels Script (which is the Travelers affiliate)

AngelsScript.jpg

I think with a color change I might be able to get away from the CR look. Any suggestions?

I don't like the lettering at all, actually. Doesn't fit with the scripts you have created. I would create an Arkansas script that is similar to the other ones and for the cap logo, have one where the horse is jumping over a script T, and one with a script A.

I like the horse jumping over the A as a cap logo. And the new Arkansas script looks nice. Nicely done!

Are they by chance an affiliate of the Braves? Just because this A looks similar. either way, I wouldnt change the A. It looks very baseball-esque.

They are an Angels affiliate...I was worried about the A looking similar as well but I think I got far enough away from the Braves A..

Archived