san antonio scorpions fc

microdragon

Yeah, the San Antonio Scorpions is a fine name for a soccer name. It's better than these fake-a** MLS clubs who try and fail miserably to imitate world-famous clubs like Real Madrid.

I'm looking at you Real Salt Lake... I don't care what the excuse is, it still sounds stupid.

**sigh** Seems like EVERY soccer thread has some sort of jab against Real. Look, to outsiders it probably sounds stupid, I get that. But here, especially where they have the only major championship this state can claim, that doesn't matter. We just flat out dont care. Try having a soccer team in your state named the "Blitzz" for a few years, then tell me if "Real" is so bad.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

And I like the San Antonio Scorpions name, it kinda has a nice, fluid ring to it.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yeah, the San Antonio Scorpions is a fine name for a soccer name. It's better than these fake-a** MLS clubs who try and fail miserably to imitate world-famous clubs like Real Madrid.

I'm looking at you Real Salt Lake... I don't care what the excuse is, it still sounds stupid.

**sigh** Seems like EVERY soccer thread has some sort of jab against Real. Look, to outsiders it probably sounds stupid, I get that. But here, especially where they have the only major championship this state can claim, that doesn't matter. We just flat out dont care. Try having a soccer team in your state named the "Blitzz" for a few years, then tell me if "Real" is so bad.

I never said the team is stupid or shouldn't exist, I just mean that I don't like Americans sports franchises trying to imitate long-established European sports franchises. It looks very stupid, and in poor taste. The same goes for them as well, since I would never imagine a team and soccer teams of all things, that might be operated out of London, to call themselves the London Knights. A personal pet peeve of mine is when people and also franchises, shamelessly rip-off of someone else... they look like losers/posers/etc.

If you love Real Salt Lake, that's cool and I'm not trying to make this a personal attack on you or any other fans, because I get the same crap with being a fan of the Patriots. (Why can't you just call yourselves the Boston Patriots, why does it have to be an entire region, and so on.) But I would assume that Rule #1 of design would be to set yourself apart from the rest of the league, not tack on "Real" and consider that unique. Especially considering Real Madrid is like the New York Yankees and pinstripes, just because you take a design element of another team and try hard to sell your team as that doesn't mean you're going to achieve the same amount of success or fame as they have.

I never said the team is stupid or shouldn't exist, I just mean that I don't like Americans sports franchises trying to imitate long-established European sports franchises. It looks very stupid, and in poor taste. The same goes for them as well, since I would never imagine a team and soccer teams of all things, that might be operated out of London, to call themselves the London Knights. A personal pet peeve of mine is when people and also franchises, shamelessly rip-off of someone else... they look like losers/posers/etc.

If you love Real Salt Lake, that's cool and I'm not trying to make this a personal attack on you or any other fans, because I get the same crap with being a fan of the Patriots. (Why can't you just call yourselves the Boston Patriots, why does it have to be an entire region, and so on.) But I would assume that Rule #1 of design would be to set yourself apart from the rest of the league, not tack on "Real" and consider that unique. Especially considering Real Madrid is like the New York Yankees and pinstripes, just because you take a design element of another team and try hard to sell your team as that doesn't mean you're going to achieve the same amount of success or fame as they have.

His point is that the Real Salt Lake's name has been discussed so often at this board that "beaten to death" doesn't even begin to describe it. More like "beaten beyond the realm of existence and out of the annals of history." You're new here, so you obviously had no way of knowing, but just understand that absolutely everything that could possibly be said in favor of or against RSL's name has already been said multiple times and, as such, people are gonna groan whenever it comes back up...

...no matter how stupid of a name it is :P

Archived