I found the nordique logo article

Puckguy14

When the topic of the imfamous unused Quebec Nordique logo comes up I always talke about the article about it and how I can never find it.  Well...I FOUND IT!  Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner but I am going to copy word for word.  

Nordiques will have new look in 1996-97

Compiled by the THN Staff

The Quebec Nordiques don't have a new arena yet, but a new logo and colors are on the way.

When the Journal de Quebec published the Nordiques' new colors March 30, the team had no choice but to confirm the makeover.

The team's road jersey will be dark blue with a few lines of a teal-like green color, black, white, and silver.  The crest has a large head of a husky dog with its teeth bared.  They will sport their new colors in 1996-97 and not next season (1995-96) because they failed to meet the NHL's deadline for a logo change.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I would like to figure out the approximate Pantones the Nords were planning to use.  I've seen so many different variations of the colors, but this article explains the Dark Blue and Teal a little better.

Any help would be appreciated!

Pantone and everyone, here is the logo i create when I scanned in just that logo and fixed it in Photoshop.  Coloras are based on the color picture of the jerseys Phocused has.Noridques Logo

Please, don't kill my bandwidth LOL!  The colors are pretty simple for what I used:

Quebec Nordiques Dark Blue: PANTONE Coated 282

Quebec Nordiques Black: PANTONE Process Black

Quebec Nordiques Teal-like Green: PANTONE Coated 321

Quebec Nordiques Silver: PANTONE Coated Cool Gray 5

Qubec Nordiques Yellow:  PANTONE Coated 102

My only suggestion would be to substitute PANTONE Metallic 877 C (Unvarnished) for the Silver.  I've got an old scan of the logo (it's of an actual patch), and the thread used for the Silver was definitely metallic.

Otherwise, I would go along with the rest.  Cool Gray 5 C is a good sub for 877 C anyway.

• 3 years later...

Man, that logo is cool looking. I wish I could have actually seen them use it on their jerseys. oh well. The igloo N thing with the hockey stick was cool too, but I think that these jerseys would have been a good change.

Man, that logo is cool looking. I wish I could have actually seen them use it on their jerseys. oh well. The igloo N thing with the hockey stick was cool too, but I think that these jerseys would have been a good change.

Sorry dude, I disagree.

The Nordiques lucked out by moving to Colorado and avoiding that logo. The original "n" Nordiques jersey and their colors are unique and timeless.

This is way off topic, but why is it everytime an old thread from 2 or 3 years pops up, I always see colored text used by fellow members from then? Like Puckguy (no offense) using teal text in the opening post. Just a thought.

because he chose to make all his posts teal back then

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived