2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For one, that's Scout.com.

Two, rebrandings could mean anything. I highly doubt that Texas and Florida will be changing their uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Two, rebrandings could mean anything. I highly doubt that Texas and Florida will be changing their uniforms.

Yeah, but it's not an opinion piece. The author (who I actually know from my days at WSU 10 years ago, crazy) paraphrased Bill Moos...and so far, he is 2-for-2 on that list.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ok, point 2 still stands.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Granted. Though we've seen pretty solid changes in the first two.

Wazzu and ASU don't have the same tradition as Texas and Florida.

I have no idea what Florida will do. Texas might use the basketball team font (maybe) or put logo and numbers on the helmet, like the PC a couple years ago. Texas is the #1 brand in college sports...will Nike leave it be, or use the opportunity to create a new look?

Oregon isn't SWITCHING to anything. The article said they will add those jerseys to their collection for what to wear.

what article said that?

Don't remember specifically, think it was a Phil Knight interview after the national champ game

Oregon isn't SWITCHING to anything. The article said they will add those jerseys to their collection for what to wear.

what article said that?

Don't remember specifically, think it was a Phil Knight interview after the national champ game

Wasn't Oregon on some kind of cycle though? Every two or three years, they get an updated look?

The diamond plate uniforms were worn in 2006, 2007 and 2008, so Oregon should have a complete redesign for the 2012 season.

I can't speal for the other sports, but Texas football is not being rebranded. I doubt Florida is either.

At most, they will be wearing 2011 Pro Combat uniforms.

I have no idea what Florida will do. Texas might use the basketball team font (maybe) or put logo and numbers on the helmet, like the PC a couple years ago. Texas is the #1 brand in college sports...will Nike leave it be, or use the opportunity to create a new look?

Nope. There is 0 chance that Texas football uniforms will change anything other than the type of uniform (if that).

Sorry to interrupt the Nike/Oregon bash fest that this thread usually is, but I've heard tons of rumors of a Cincy matte helmet floating around. Looks like Nike isn't the only one implementing the Color/Color matte.

27074.jpg

It never was a Nike thing. TCU added a black 3rd when they were with Russell. I doubt Russell was hounding a mediocre team to do that so they could sell more merch (esp. since they didn't sell any).

Where was it cited that Pitt will get new uniforms? I think I missed that

I believe it came from a player's twitter. And I believe the comment was something about being like Oregon since theye were gonna have so many uniforms. I imagine they will be getting navy, gold and white tops and bottoms and possibly a new helmet.

Oh, that twitter, thanks. Yes, I remember that. Then, however I think Cam Saddler clarified that what he meant was that their offense was going to look like Oregon (with multiple offensive sets) rather than aesthetically look like Oregon.

I can't speal for the other sports, but Texas football is not being rebranded. I doubt Florida is either.

So Bill Moos mentioned that Texas and Florida would be getting rebranded just for :censored:s and grins? Oh, ok.

I can't speak for the other sports, but Texas football is not being rebranded. I doubt Florida is either.

So Bill Moos mentioned that Texas and Florida would be getting rebranded just for :censored:s and grins? Oh, ok.

I don't know who he is or why anybody says anything, but I can tell you right now, Texas football is not being rebranded.

Edit: just looked Moos up; sounds to me like he was more interested in grouping his actions with programs like Texas and Florida than he was in delivering factually correct news. If Texas football was getting rebranded, do you really think this is how we would find out? From WSU's AD?

Archived