Daytona Cubs Rebrand

razr32154

Hey Guys,

I was looking through the database of minor league logos and wound up in the Florida State League, where I say some great logos. Then, there was the Daytona Cubs Logo.

I like the sunglasses on the bear, and built the concept around those. The Primary is a slight update of This logo with the addition of sunglasses and a little nose.

The Bear face Secondary is an update of this logo, with some shading on the ears, and most noticeably, the addition of sunglasses with a reflection on them.

The tree was made to go along with the 'Florida' type of deal I was going for and the sand color instead of white.

I'm currently working on jerseys, but I don't really like any of the templates I have at my disposal. So, if anyone could suggest some templates that'd be great!

And of course c&c please!

Thanks

daytonacubslogosheet-1.png

Uniforms?

"I'm currently working on jerseys, but I don't really like any of the templates I have at my disposal. So, if anyone could suggest some templates that'd be great!"

I like what you have going, but santoleri is right. The sunglasses should go over the ear, but that wouldn't look very good.

IMO, the biggest problem is that the two bear faces are different, since they're Cubs secondary logos from different eras. I would try and alter one of them to look like the other. Good start though!

I agree with everyone that the temple of the glasses should go over the top of the eye. But, I looked up some pictures of animals wearing sunglasses, and the majority of the pictures I saw, showed the sunglasses going under the ear.

On to the updates.

On the primary, I moved the temple below the ear. On the secondary logos is where you'll notice the biggest difference.

I liked Lights Out's suggestion to use this logo, and I think it looks more like the full bear body as well.

Now onto the palm tree. I felt that the Palm tree logo was quite weak, and I wanted to incorporate the bear into it somehow, so I added the bear in there, walking on sand. Also, I thickened the outline on the tree and added a sun behind it.

cubsupdatedlogosheet.png

I finally got around to the jerseys, so here's a home and road. I should have the alts up within a day or two

The home features the primary logo, with the palm tree logo on the left sleeve, and the road is the sand colored, similar to the San Diego unis, and features a blue, beveled, daytona script with a red outline. The primary logo is on the left sleeve as well. Both are paired with a red hat with blue brim featuring the bear head logo.

c&c as always!

uniforms.png

Archived