Louisville helmet tweak

OrangeBalloonCoast

I agree with the other two exactly, just switch those colors around and you've got a winner. I like the idea of the helmet for sure!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I enjoy it.

thanks!

Switch the red and white on both the logo and the stripes and you have a winner

My thoughts exactly.

I agree with the other two exactly, just switch those colors around and you've got a winner. I like the idea of the helmet for sure!

It's too bad they won't do this, as I think their Cardinal-head logo is one of the worst in all of football.

maybe they'll come around!

My thoughts exactly.

Agreed.

My first thought was to do something like what you all suggested, but I thought that it wasn't all that creative and people on here would either criticize it as being unimaginative or boring. Although, what I came up with isn't exactly a work of genius either! :) Anyway, here's an edit to my first edit!

th_Louisvilleedit.pngth_Louisvillefrontedit.png

Now that's a good looking helmet! I think that absolutely works, nice job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

cardinal fan here (uofl edition). i don't like this concept. uofl football has the cardinal head just like michigan football has their design and alabama football has the player's number. there are some things you don't change about our unis, and the cardinal bird is one of them. if you included some combination of the old english L AND the cardinal bird, it may work. but that white L doesn't look right at all, especially on a white helmet.

the cardinal head has been a part of our uniforms now for several decades now. the only times it has not has been during the lee corso years (when it was just the us flag) and 11 various seasons since 1960. change the stripes, change the uniform design, put "the ville" on the unis instead of louisville (most fans are split 50/50 on that one) but leave the cardinal bird alone.

To put Louisville in the same category as Michigan or Alabama--aesthetically or in any other football context--is pretty hyperbolic.

It's a nice looking helmet, I'll give you that. It just doesn't strike me as especially creative, though.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

the cardinal head has been a part of our uniforms now for several decades now. the only times it has not has been during the lee corso years (when it was just the us flag) and 11 various seasons since 1960. change the stripes, change the uniform design, put "the ville" on the unis instead of louisville (most fans are split 50/50 on that one) but leave the cardinal bird alone.

11? I count 16 without even knowing what they wore in 75, 76, or 77. And most fans are split about The Ville being on the balk alts, not the entire uniform set.

To put Louisville in the same category as Michigan or Alabama--aesthetically or in any other football context--is pretty hyperbolic.

As a Louisville fan, I agree. That'd be like Boise State comparing their program history with Alabama, Oklahoma, etc. Yes they've won a couple of National Championships and have had success at every level but those titles were one JUCO and one D-1AA.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived