Cant Belive No-one Has Mentioned This...

GMS1122

He deserved it. He's a better player than Tim Duncan, although he did have a VERY good supporting cast this year, if not for this year... he deserved it for last year and other years past.

He's the most versatile 7 footer ever (6'11", same thing!), and he won the T-Wolves some games against Denver when Cassell and Spree weren't producing.

IUe6Hvh.png

And remember I called KG MVP waaaaay back in October.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/nba/nba2004.html

Look away at that Magic pick its not the subject here.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

About damn time. Last year he has no one else on his team and still led them to a playoff spot, and this year gets more help and finally gets it? This shows you that the NBA picks a player on a team that only does well standings wise, and picks that best player on that team.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

lemme guess, Tim Duncan got the otehr 3 votes... ehhhhh.. Anyhoo, congrats KG, you should have won last year too.

Man, I don't understand how you guys just can't give credit where it's due. Duncan deserved the award way more than Garnett did last year. Duncan carried his team to the title, while Garnett couldn't even get out of the first round (again). While I admit that Garnett did deserve it this year, a strong case could have been made for Duncan as well. Although Garnett may have been better this year, Duncan's still the best in the NBA. He is so fundamentally sound it's not even funny. He can do it all without fault. Garnett may be versatile, but Duncan makes plays and shots when they count. Until Garnett takes his team all the way, he'll fall short of being the best in the NBA. I may be the only Spurs fan here, since I've noticed that there are a lot of Spurs haters around, but I stand by my comments.

tyson.jpg

lemme guess, Tim Duncan got the otehr 3 votes... ehhhhh.. Anyhoo, congrats KG, you should have won last year too.

Man, I don't understand how you guys just can't give credit where it's due. Duncan deserved the award way more than Garnett did last year. Duncan carried his team to the title, while Garnett couldn't even get out of the first round (again). While I admit that Garnett did deserve it this year, a strong case could have been made for Duncan as well. Although Garnett may have been better this year, Duncan's still the best in the NBA. He is so fundamentally sound it's not even funny. He can do it all without fault. Garnett may be versatile, but Duncan makes plays and shots when they count. Until Garnett takes his team all the way, he'll fall short of being the best in the NBA. I may be the only Spurs fan here, since I've noticed that there are a lot of Spurs haters around, but I stand by my comments.

Yeah, but Duncan had other great players around him. Garnett barely had any.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I beg to differ. Cassell was equally as important this season as Garnett. I'm not saying he was better, just equally as important. The Spurs have Parker and Ginobili, who helped support Duncan. However, neither of them impacted their team like Cassell did his. Although Ginobili is awesome, he's a sixth man, so he gets fewer minutes. Parker, while a great passer, can't carry the team by himself. Cassell is capable of carrying his team if Garnett is injured. The Spurs are not a star-studded team; they just know how to effectively use what they have around Duncan. The Wolves, however, had 2 stars, so Garnett seemed to have more help.

tyson.jpg

Fine, I'll look away from the Magic pick.

Anyway, on an unrelated note, how 'bout those Heat? :D

HEy the Heat really suprised me as well as everyone else keep in mind they started 0-7 so I dont feel so bad about getting taht oen worng sometimes it happens that way.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Actually the playoffs mean NOTHING when it comes to the MVP, its just the regular season, so that argument about Duncan winning the championship and the wolves losin in the first round is bullplop.

The playoffs shouldn't mean anything in the MVP race, but when was the last time a non-playoff star won the MVP? It rarely happens.

tyson.jpg

Yes. But Fuzzy... there's some flaws in your arguments.

A. You fail to mention that those teams that Garnett 'only managed to' get to the playoffs didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs to begin with. Garnett has taken lottery caliber teams and lifted them to the playoffs year after year. That's a little different than playing opposite of David Robinson, with Parker and Ginobli and winning a Championship.

B. The Spurs play defense, and they do it as well as any team in the West. The reason the Spurs don't have the 'stars' is because stars don't make their living on defense.

C. Name ONE part of Tim Duncan's game that Kevin Garnett can't do. And then I'll go ahead and tell you things that Kevin Garnett does that Tim Duncan can't even dream of doing. Last I checked, Duncan is awful from the free throw line. Tim DUncan can't step out and shoot the outside jumper. Duncan can't hit the long range fadeaway with the consistency of Kevin Garnett. Garnett is the better player. And since when do team accomplishments make one player better than the other? Was Bill Russell better than Wilt Chamberlain? Despite the championships... no.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived