Sabres black alternate

FGWB

Not too experienced with creating my own concepts, but I was thinking of trying to make a set of black jerseys for teams that do not have them, to follow the growing trend of black uniforms.

So I tried out using the former shoulder logo as the primary with no shoulder logos, and i didnt put on the sleeve numbers. I kept straight stripes on it and kept this color combo.

Thoughts?

sabsblack2.jpg

bufg.png

Why Black? your workmanship is fine, however too many teams do this "blackout" stuff already, and at least Black is one of their team colours (canes,hawks,flyers,sharks)

The Sabres dont have any black in any of their logos or unis at present.

canada.png

Why Black? your workmanship is fine, however too many teams do this "blackout" stuff already, and at least Black is one of their team colours (canes,hawks,flyers,sharks)

The Sabres dont have any black in any of their logos or unis at present.

That's why I chose to do it, just to try it out. Black compliments any color. I know the uniform guidelines and stuff for alternates that it must be a color of the current set.

I think black jerseys look pretty sharp so why not? It's just a "what-if" concept.

And I re-upped it with white name/no.

bufg.png

Black for black's sake. It's a common term for the unnecessary and overused incorporation of black. Especially when the team in question does not, or sparingly, uses black in their color scheme.

Oakland A's for example. Boston+Red+Sox+v+Oakland+Athletics+HEIwgTOkaLpl.jpg

It devalues the teams that actually have black predominately in their color scheme.

Got it.

Like I said, I did it just because. It's not a pitch to the organization or anything. After all, this is why it's called a concept.

I like black jerseys and wondered what a Sabres one could look like.

bufg.png

Black does NOT compliment every color.

A black Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Red Sox, Indians, Twins, or NY Giants jersey, for example, would not look good at all.

Adding black to any scheme "just because" is very lazy, and reeks of the Nike influence.

Black may be added to a color scheme that does not already have a dark primary. If you feel you have to use black, use it to replace the existing darker color. Otherwise, it's gratuitous, and basically pointless.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Black does NOT compliment every color.

A black Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Red Sox, Indians, Twins, or NY Giants jersey, for example, would not look good at all.

Adding black to any scheme "just because" is very lazy, and reeks of the Nike influence.

Black may be added to a color scheme that does not already have a dark primary. If you feel you have to use black, use it to replace the existing darker color. Otherwise, it's gratuitous, and basically pointless.

I said it compliments each color. Not each team identity. In the Canadiens/Leafs/Sox everyone else you named sets may not work with black. But the individual colors do, which is my point.

And it was a concept. Why is everyone ripping on me for trying a black jersey?

bufg.png

No one is ripping on you. Don't take it personally. Concepts like this just open up the BFBS discussion. Which wouldn't even exist, if not for a bunch of teams adopting the "black is cool" look ever since the mid 90s. It kind of "jumped the shark" for lack of a better term, when the Utah Jazz unveiled a black uniform.

No one is ripping on you. Don't take it personally. Concepts like this just open up the BFBS discussion. Which wouldn't even exist, if not for a bunch of teams adopting the "black is cool" look ever since the mid 90s. It kind of "jumped the shark" for lack of a better term, when the Utah Jazz unveiled a black uniform.

Alright, that's fair.

I understand the criticism and it's not taken personally. Thanks for the feedback everyone. This was my first shot at a concept anyway.

bufg.png

Damnit.

You got my hopes up for a Red and Black concept! As for the jersey I think its alright. The striping is well done and the B-Sword logo of the Buffaslug era looks great. I wouldn't want to see them wear this though. It wouldn't go well with the current jerseys.

Archived