NHL Playoffs by uniform

DrAwesomeberry

Vancouver vs Chicago:

van07h-sedinh.jpgchi07h-kopecky.jpg

This would be close if the Canucks used their alternate, but with the orca, Chicago definitely wins.

San Jose vs Los Angeles

sjs08a-marleau.jpglak08a-kopitar.jpg

With both teams wearing black alternates, this series is very monochromatic. I have to give the edge to LA because they actually look better than their regular jerseys, unlike the Sharks' black, which is a downgrade from the teal.

Detroit vs Phoenix

det07h-lidstrom.jpgcoyotes-main1.jpg

If the Coyotes still had the hem stripes it would almost be a tossup, but without them, the Red Wings get the edge.

Anaheim vs Nashville

ana10a-perry.jpgnsh07h-sullivan.jpg

If Nashville wore their awesome thirds, they would win easily. However, with the Ducks rolling with their great alt with the webbed foot D, they win over the Predators' terrible primaries.

Washington vs New York

wsh07h-hannan.jpgnyr07h-zuccarello.jpg

The Caps have decent jerseys, but they just can't compete with the greatness of the Rangers' bright blue sweaters.

Philadelphia vs Buffalo

phi08h-richards.jpgbuf10h-rivet.jpg

The unnecessary grey accents and front number on the Sabres' armpits push the Flyers over them.

Boston vs Montreal

Philadelphia+Flyers+v+Boston+Bruins+HbvNGHSllwtl.jpgmtl07h-markov.jpg

This is easily the best looking matchup in the first round. I have to go with Montreal because I prefer the CH over the spoked B.

Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay

pit07h-rupp.jpgtbl08a-lundin.jpg

I absolutely despise the Penguins' light shade of gold, so I have to go with the Bolts.

Your thoughts?

Philadelphia vs Buffalo

The unnecessary grey accents and front number on the Sabres' armpits push the Flyers over them.

Your thoughts?

Have you seen something that states which jerseys each club will be wearing at their playoff games?

LA and SJ haven't even played yet.

What makes you so sure the SABRES won't wear our alternates when the series shifts back to HSBC? DUCKS wore theirs last nite.

SabresNew3rdFront.jpg

I agree with you about the CANUCKS, I always liked their original logo and color scheme, RANGERS too.

Disagree with you about the KINGS, not only about the all-black but that LA crest logo too. I like their solid crown and purple is their tradition. They didn't look that great in silver n black with that Chevy logo when Gretzky arrived.

The only black uniforms I seem to like are the BLACKHAWKS throwbacks, and the BRUINS, but in their 70s style without the yellow shoulders.

Also disagree about the PENGUINS change to the Vegas Gold. That yellow was way too loud and made them look too similar to the BRUINS.

TAMPA BAY's shade of blue is different, looks good .... it's just that 'BOLTS' logo that needs to go IMO.

Philadelphia vs Buffalo

Your thoughts?

Have you seen something that states which jerseys each club will be wearing at their playoff games?

LA and SJ haven't even played yet.

What makes you so sure the SABRES won't wear our alternates when the series shifts back to HSBC? DUCKS wore theirs last nite.

SabresNew3rdFront.jpg

I agree with you about the CANUCKS, I always liked their original logo and color scheme, RANGERS too.

Disagree with you about the KINGS, not only about the all-black but that LA crest logo too. I like their solid crown and purple is their tradition. They didn't look that great in silver n black with that Chevy logo when Gretzky arrived.

The only black uniforms I seem to like are the BLACKHAWKS throwbacks, and the BRUINS, but in their 70s style without the yellow shoulders.

Also disagree about the PENGUINS change to the Vegas Gold. That yellow was way too loud and made them look too similar to the BRUINS.

TAMPA BAY's shade of blue is different, looks good .... it's just that 'BOLTS' logo that needs to go IMO.

LA and San Jose have both announced that they will wear their thirds throughout the playoffs. http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/4/12/icethetics-playoffs-preview-2011.html

LA and San Jose have both announced that they will wear their thirds throughout the playoffs. http://www.icethetic...eview-2011.html

That was a good read, all the fan comments too. Cheers for the link.

Sounds like the Orca is very unpopular yet the CANUCKS continue to wear it.

When the SABRES & CANUCKS came into the league together in '70/'71 my dad took me to the the game at the AUD the first time the CANUCKS played us. I liked those Vancouver uni's alot with that stick in the rink logo from the very first time I saw them. They outta shelf the Orca for good.

Wasn't too thrilled with ours at the start, and even 40 years later I still miss Buffalo playing with the Pepsi bottlecap logo. :cry:

bisonsjersey.jpg

Archived