In case they come back

Le Québécois

As a Habs fan, I wish they would come back because I miss this great rivalry. In the mean time, here's my first concept in here since 2008. It's about time some would say! Enjoy and C and C are welcome... Done is MSPaint and Photoshop CS4 (which I'm still learning...

quebec.jpg

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Though I love the overall design, I feel it's a bit too minor league for the NHL. Not to mention the colors and sweater scream late 1990s Canucks. This is ultimately a very nice design. The bear is very prominent and I think it blends nicely with the Q. But, as I said, I think it's a little too minor league for NHL standards.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

What I don't get about plagiarism is how the people think they can sneak one by an enormous community of dedicated sports fans, especially when they have a zest for sports LOGOS. It's an insult to our intelligence. You really thought nobody would notice?

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

What I don't get about plagiarism is how the people think they can sneak one by an enormous community of dedicated sports fans, especially when they have a zest for sports LOGOS. It's an insult to our intelligence. You really thought nobody would notice?

Gees, you guys are taking this too seriously! I've done over 300 concepts in here over the years (espcially in 2006 and 2007) and sometimes I used already known logos. These are called ''concepts'', there's no way any sports team would ever use whatever somebody's doing here.

I didn't want to take the time to create a polar bear head so I've made a search on google and guess what, the logo I found and used wasn't on a sport page but rather on a page dedicated to Knut, the polar bear that died a few weeks back in a zoo in Berlin. Now, obviously, the person who did the design got inspiration from the anchorage hockey team. But in the end, who actually cares, this site is to have fun, to see what different things would look like. Now will somebody reply saying that the letter Q wasn't my idea since it has been part of the alphabet for centuries? Get a grip on yourself guys, there are things in life worst than this! Gees!

And thanks to the others for the real and constructive comments!

In the mean time, not to offend any people here, on my next concepts, if I use something already created, I'll say it!

Have a nice day and please, keep having fun with CONCEPTS!

ps: Sorry for my english, it's my second language!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

even using logos in concepts is considered plagiarism

exactly so where do we draw the line? If I make a NY Islanders concept and I use the actual logo, will it be plagiarism?

There is a difference between creating a concept for a organization that overall retains it's brand entity and taking a different brand entity for use of an organization that is not at all affiliated.

Archived