Baseball Weekly Mag cover

JTernup

Sorry to add two concepts to the boards at once but I really did work hard and feel they are deserving.

I made this magazine cover in photoshop at school and i was wondering what you all thought, I used a picture from ST that I took.

There are problems with it like the Tulo picture but look past that issue, I am aware of it. C&C appreciated.

Brewersmag-1copy-1.jpg

Also the pic is a little washed out because I used CMYK and this is an RGB image.

Thanks, KCCF

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Good idea for a cover, one problem that I have is the fonts that you used though. The font for "brew" just doesn't fit IMO. The picture wasn't a great one to use for the cover of a magazine, but I understand why you did. Overall you've got a nice idea, it can be improved though.

Way too many inconsistencies with your fonts and I don't like any of the choices. "BREW" comes out of nowhere and for the featured story, it's cramped off in the corner. Cool picture though

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

I would say pick 1 or 2 fonts and stick with them for the covers. Also I wouldn't employ using the outer glow or beveling.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There may be a few too many fonts but i actually used an SI as a model and it had almost as many, as far as the pic goes it was really the best i could do from the crowd, obviously a pic of the back of a player wouldn't be on the cover but oh well.

Thanks for the comments, KCCF

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Archived