2011 NCAA Lacrosse Tournament

RyanMcD29

Well, selection Sunday's tonight and let me tell you, it's gonna be one big mess with all the upsets that have occurred in the past 2 or 3 days in both conference tournaments and non-conference play. Here's your auto-bids

America East: Hartford (!)

Colonial: Delaware (!)

ECAC: Denver

Ivy League: Cornell

MAAC: Siena

Patriot League: Bucknell

Syracuse, Johns Hopkins, Notre Dame, and the ACC are locks to get in, so the fun and games will be for the last 3 spots in the tournament

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I did catch the end of the AE final (Hartford scored at the last second to win at Stony Brook) and I assume that whoever finished as the regular season champ in the CAA (Hofstra) is getting in.

That leaves, in my mind, Stony Brook and Drexel as the other at-large bids.

Now, the games...

-(16)Siena at (1)Syracuse

-(9)Maryland at (8)North Carolina

-(13)Penn at (4)Notre Dame

-(12)Delaware at (5)Duke

-(15)Hartford at (2)Cornell

-(10)Bucknell at (7)Virginia

-(14)Hofstra at (3)Johns Hopkins

-(11)Villanova at (6)Denver

Who I pick

1. SyracuseSiena

8. North Carolina

Maryland

4. Notre DameUPenn

5. DukeDelaware

2. CornellHartford

7. VirginiaBucknell

3. Johns HopkinsHofstra

6. DenverVillanova

But I could see Hofstra beating JH. I only can hope though that Maryland can win it this year.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Why did we draw Hofstra? I think they're pretty decent. Much rather play Villanova. Regardless, I'll be there rootin' on the Jays.

1. Syracuse

Siena

8. North Carolina

Maryland

4. Notre Dame

UPenn

5. Duke

Delaware

2. Cornell

Hartford

7. Virginia

Bucknell

3. Johns Hopkins

Hofstra

6. Denver

Villanova

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

I will, and the Blue Jays will look ridiculous in their new lids (shameless promotion for the uniform thread). And no, it's not by the same people that brought you SUBLIMATED TIGER STRIPES for a freakin' Ivy League school with 6 national titles (Warrior). It's by Cascade, and, well, you have to see it to believe it. Not something you do for a freakin' medical and law school with 9 national titles.

Speaking of those Princeton Tigers, a good friend of mine's on the women's team there and they're playing James Madison tomorrow. Considering the Orange didn't make that tournament I'll be rooting for them. Here's the bracket for the Maryland and Northwestern show http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-women/d1/2011

Oh, and for S's and G's, my bracket

2011NCAALaxBracket.jpg

-If Hopkins wasn't facing Hofstra, I'd have them in the Final Four. The Pride have been very tricky for the Blue Jays to handle in prior years, though, so I'm giving them the upset

-I think Tierney can lead Denver to the Final Four this year with the team he's got and his coaching experience

-Notre Dame fading down the stretch is why Duke's moving on in their rematch from February

-I have no idea who would win a Cornell-Syracuse matchup with a healthy Syracuse defense and Rob Pannell being Rob Pannell (a Beast with a capital B )

ffMc5dZ.png

Who else is going to watch Hofstra and John Hopkins at 12 on ESPN2 ?

I will be at the game, unfortunately it's so early and bright outside

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Alright, game one's in the books. Hopkins takes my upset prediction and tells me to shove it where the sun don't shine and pretty much dominates Hofstra in the second half. To make me less unhappy about every Hopkins win, here's Mordecai from Regular Show

Picture_1_2.png

The Notre Dame-UPenn Stall-Ball fest is on ESPNU now

ffMc5dZ.png

Yeah... 4-4 at the half between Hofstra and JHU and JHU unloads a major league keg of Whooped Yo Ass upon the Pride in the 2nd half.. Thank god I was napping. :P

Penn-ND has been meh at best. Notre Dame is the favorite here, but I'm not so sure as to why Penn is in over, say, NEC champ Quinnipiac?

Plenty of more action tonight and tomorrow... Here's to a Siena upset of the Orange!

Alrighty, Day One's in the books. Hopkins, Notre Dame, and Cornell move on easily. Duke needed to hold off Delaware at the end in a pretty wild ending. Hopefully tomorrow's games are more like that one... well except for Syracuse-Siena that is :P

Also in the Maryland/Northwestern Invitational, only one upset out of the six games today, and that would be Princeton over James Madison. I will now care about women's lacrosse for one more week ^_^

ffMc5dZ.png

Does anyone else here find those Warrior Lacrosse "Manchine" commercials to be extremely annoying and lame?

Effemi-not.

Yes, I do.

34y7eo5.jpg

Geez, UNC-Maryland heading in looked like the most exciting game of the first round. Turns out to be like the rest

Oh well, no more of hearing this at least :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVPdzXLJ94

Virginia-Bucknell in a weather delay right now. That could be a possible upset the way UVA's ended the season and how Bucknell's flown under the radar

ffMc5dZ.png

Well, Virginia-Bucknell and Denver-Villanova ended up being some really good games. Bucknell really could've pulled off the upset had they followed the golden rule of late game leads: Stall the ball and don't shoot. UVA came back and won it to overtime, so the upset was prevented. Syracuse also won in a little bit of a nervous game until the end of the 3rd quarter on.

Next weekend's matchups

2. Cornell vs. 7. Virginia

3. Johns Hopkins vs. 6. Denver

1. Syracuse vs. Maryland

4. Notre Dame vs. 5. Duke

If you're looking for parity, your best hope is Bill Tierney and the Denver Pioneers. Either way, though, all 4 matchups ought to be good ones.

ffMc5dZ.png

Yes! I predicted the first round right. Heres my second round...

Cornell over Virginia

Denver over Johns Hopkins

Syracuse over Maryland :cry:

Norte Dame over Duke- This sould be a good one.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Archived