2011 NCAA Lacrosse Tournament

RyanMcD29

You know what, after all that happened this weekend, why not have another red line upset?

Duke beats Notre Dame 7-5. That means the best remaining seed is a 5. 1-4 all got knocked out this weekend. Thus the Final Four's set (unfortunately with too much ACC <_< )

6. Denver vs. 7. Virginia

5. Duke vs. Maryland

Denver's your hope for parity with the other 3 schools winning national titles, though Maryland's had a long title drought. All in all after this weekend of upsets, things will be topsy-turvey Memorial Day weekend in Baltimore

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Maryland over UVA in the final. At the start of the playoffs, I called UMD. Unfortunately my other pick (Hopkins) did not pan out.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Well, we're at Championship Weekend. The Maryland/Northwestern invitational is being held out here on the Island this weekend and the championship game is set.

Of course it's freakin' Maryland vs. Northwestern for the NCAA Women's Lacrosse Championship. What were you expecting, Albany-James Madison? :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Maryland vs Virginia, a good old fashioned border war for the NCAA Mens Lacrosse Championship!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

You knew it was going to be an ACC Suckfest Jubilee when the semis came around. Now, it's a full on ACC Suckfest Jubilee.

Only worst it could be worst is if North Carolina didn't have to play Maryland in the 1st Round... but in the semis. Trust me, nothing could be worst then everyone having to deal with the giant ass hard-on ACC fanboys are dealing with.

You knew it was going to be an ACC Suckfest Jubilee when the semis came around. Now, it's a full on ACC Suckfest Jubilee.

Only worst it could be worst is if North Carolina didn't have to play Maryland in the 1st Round... but in the semis. Trust me, nothing could be worst then everyone having to deal with people who have to deal with the giant ass hard-on ACC fanboys are dealing with.

Well, if Johns Hopkins beat Denver in the quarterfinals, that would make it just as bad as an all-ACC Final Four. :P It's gonna be bad enough next season that this justifies Inside Lacrosse and ESPNU's lovefest for all things ACC/Hopkins. Well, it was nice knowing you the Big East, Ivy League, Colonial... :P

(Granted, next season I see Duke, Hopkins, and Virginia up towards the top to begin the year, but good luck seeing any hype for what should be a scary good Cornell team come February)

That being said, UVA-Maryland could be a good one... if UMD doesn't go into stall-ball mode and plays more like they did against UNC. Considering it worked for them against Syracuse and Duke, though, I have a feeling we're looking at a repeat of last year's Duke-ND snoozer

ffMc5dZ.png

Only worst it could be worst is if North Carolina didn't have to play Maryland in the 1st Round... but in the semis. Trust me, nothing could be worst then everyone having to deal with people who have to deal with the giant ass hard-on ACC fanboys are dealing with.

Well, if Johns Hopkins beat Denver in the quarterfinals, that would make it just as bad as an all-ACC Final Four. :P It's gonna be bad enough next season that this justifies Inside Lacrosse and ESPNU's lovefest for all things ACC/Hopkins. Well, it was nice knowing you the Big East, Ivy League, Colonial... :P

That being said, UVA-Maryland could be a good one... if UMD doesn't go into stall-ball mode and plays more like they did against UNC. Considering it worked for them against Syracuse and Duke, though, I have a feeling we're looking at a repeat of last year's Duke-ND snoozer

Snoozer? Duke won in OT on an amazing play and those seniors got to ride off into the sunset as national champions. That made it exciting.

Oh, and I didn't realize everyone also sucked Johns Hopkins under the table as well... Maybe the ACC and JHU can get a 'partnership' going, hm?

Snoozer? Duke won in OT on an amazing play and those seniors got to ride off into the sunset as national champions. That made it exciting.

Oh, and I didn't realize everyone also sucked Johns Hopkins under the table as well... Maybe the ACC and JHU can get a 'partnership' going, hm?

The overtime and the Duke storyline made it good, but Notre Dame was stalling like crazy the other 4 quarters

ffMc5dZ.png

One of my former teammates from HS (who also allowed me to take his girlfriend to the junior prom haha) plays for Adelphi and played in the D-2 championship today. They lost to Mercyhurst (you know, from women's ice hockey), however. The D-3 championship will be decided tonight

Also, the Maryland/Northwestern Invitational has concluded with the Wildcats winning their 6th title in 7 years (if Maryland won it would've been their 8th in 16). Ho hum.

ffMc5dZ.png

Archived