Basic hockey concept

Kevin W.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about the back of the third jersey, because if I wrap the slash around, it would get in the way of the numbers.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm thinking that the numbers on the third should have a thin gold outline.

Actually, I've got a better idea. Thoughts?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/89a1da37.png

Hmm. To do that, I'd have to make the numbers a lot smaller, as a box big enough to cover those numbers would cover up just about half of the slash.

You don't have room for nameplates anyways on those jerseys. You might as well shrink that font a little bit. There's also nothing wrong with having a different font on the alternates, why not go with a thinner, older-looking font? You'd probably have to make the numbers one-color to work on a rugby square anyways, so that's already some of the size gone. I really think it would work. If you're going with a sash, why not go all-out?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Oh crap, I forgot about the nameplates.

I've got a font in mind for the home and road jerseys, depending on how things go with my logo request. Do you have any font suggestions for the third?

Oh crap, I forgot about the nameplates.

I've got a font in mind for the home and road jerseys, depending on how things go with my logo request. Do you have any font suggestions for the third?

You might be able to find what you're looking for here, with both the font and numbers. I'm not sure if you're trying to go more modern or classic with the Surf's identity, but Liebe is a great source for templates you can copy and adjust accordingly to work with your own concept.

Font

Numbers

Something to keep in mind with your third jersey and that's that you can simply move the numbers to the top left hand portion of the chest on the back of the jersey, so the sash isn't interrupted from the back.

Well, I think for the home and roads I'm going to use Tucson Bold (see page 4). Any thoughts?

You probably want to eliminate the sash cutting through your numbers on the back of the jersey. See where the number-plate and seems are, you might want to get rid of the sash there, much like how the Vancouver Canucks eliminated the V on the back of their Flying-V jerseys. Another question is where will your logo go on the alternate jerseys?

I was considering two options.

1. Having the wordmark cut through the slash, like on my United Soccer Association uniforms:

d3f5792c.png

2. Using a diagonal wordmark, with "San Diego" on one side of the slash and "Surf" on the other.

Archived