Basic hockey concept

Kevin W.

I decided that my next attempt at joining a fantasy league would be one of the hockey leagues here if and when a spot opens up, so I started kicking around some ideas in my head. Since I have the entire offseason to work on this (and think up a name and idea for a logo) all I've got so far is a basic concept using the Wikipedia template.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/6074b9e2.png

It continues my uniform design philosophy of including at least one slash uniform in every uniform set I design for myself, though in this case it's the alternate whereas my usual style puts the slash on at least the home primary.

Thoughts?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-White pants should probably be scrapped, it's just not something that looks good in hockey

-I'd say there are too many stripes in the pattern you have, they all blend in from afar, maybe simplify the striping

-Get a new template, I've think wikipedia uses this because it's low resolution but it looks pretty awful for concepts, there's so many better templates

-Get a new template, I've think wikipedia uses this because it's low resolution but it looks pretty awful for concepts, there's so many better templates

Yeah, I'm just using it as a starting point.

With the navy pants:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/11a5db7f.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ok, when I drew up the original concept, I had completely forgotten about the huge number of available templates on here (I was tired at the time) so here are the home and road jerseys on a bigger template.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/9bf18b21.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/c78c9c2e.png

I have to agree with elliott here, too many stripes on the home and away set. They're someone blinding and hard to look at. Try to simplify the striping with a simpler pattern.

Third, cut down on some stripes. They wouldn't look too good on the rink.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

people thought THESE were blinding:

lang_feature.jpg

What you have are a bunch of smaller stripes, clumped closer together. It really is hard to look at on these screens, it'll be terrible on ice.

The stripes on the third are literally as small as you should get, and even they're a little much.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Wait, so you're saying I didn't reduce the stripes enough?

I like the first version, but agree that there's too many stripes. Take all the area between your two navy stripes and make it navy. Then do the same with the gold on the white jersey.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I honestly thought more people would have a problem with the stripes running up to the collar.

For a name, I'm leaning towards the San Diego Surf. Any thoughts?

Numbers:

19054eff.png

if you want a lot of stripes, they have to be thick stripes. People love these, for instance:

mcginn_jamie_ottawa_67s_skates_205x305.jpgAvs+Alt.jpgCST1985.jpg

but these are polarizing at best (some love, some hate, it's all about how they're done)

blackhawks_84.jpgSidney+Crosby+2011+NHL+Bridgestone+Winter+nx-Ew7-AQlrl.jpgcapt_0917f15943e84f658909c7e7c3fee337_bruins_canadiens_hockey_gmh101.jpg

Keep those examples in mind

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I definitely like how you cut down on the stripes, and the San Diego Surf sounds simple yet really good for the colors you've used and for the city/area itself. I'm interested to see how the third jersey turns out, and like how you went with a sandy-gold color, instead of generic gold/yellow.

Archived