Jaguars Update

TheOneAndOnlyMau

Oh my, where to start with this one...

I'm not going to be a jerk or anything, just trying to help.

The full body logo looks too, umm, 'boxy' for lack of a better term. It just doesn't have any true depth to it nor does it have enough dynamic definition.

The head logo baffles me as it looks more like an acorn than a cat's head.

The logotype is much too plain and also too thin, I think you should start from scratch there.

Not fond of the wrap around pants striping. I'd suggest either pick a full stripe or a tapered one, or combine them (like Atlanta) but having them wrap around the back just seems wrong.

The sleeve stripes just couldn't work like that with the many differences in how jerseys are cut on field nowadays.

Also, try and stick with a more teal color and lessen the intensity of the green.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my, where to start with this one...

I'm not going to be a jerk or anything, just trying to help.

The full body logo looks too, umm, 'boxy' for lack of a better term. It just doesn't have any true depth to it nor does it have enough dynamic definition.

The head logo baffles me as it looks more like an acorn than a cat's head.

The logotype is much too plain and also too thin, I think you should start from scratch there.

Not fond of the wrap around pants striping. I'd suggest either pick a full stripe or a tapered one, or combine them (like Atlanta) but having them wrap around the back just seems wrong.

The sleeve stripes just couldn't work like that with the many differences in how jerseys are cut on field nowadays.

Also, try and stick with a more teal color and lessen the intensity of the green.

The head logo has a strange shape because the shape behind the ear is the beginning of the NECK. I think this is extremely clear when referencing the full body logo. The pants stripe echoes the jersey striping - creating a cohesive set- but it might be more effective if there was an offset black or teal stripe. WIthout the tapered stripe on the pants the set would become disjoint. Ill agree that the wordmark is boring, but i wanted to go in a clean, modern direction. I didnt want it to look forced, cluttered or like it was designed in the late 90s. And the teal color is the one the jags actually use, so i dont see what youre getting at there. Thanks for your input though

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

So I think you have an amazing set in the works but it still needs some fixes.

-Back of the head on the primary logo is just FUNKY. You've gotta figure out a better way.

-There needs to be a lot more detail on the full body Jaguar. Great idea though.

-With the uniforms, colored collars in the style of the jersey stripes would be nice.

-The pants stripes could also work well if you just had a second teal stripe along the line.

-The away uniform has too much black and too little teal. A couple ways to fix this are... a) teal pants (PLEASE) or B) gold and teal as the jersey stripes (in any case)

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived