Jaguars Update

TheOneAndOnlyMau

Gotta get rid of that point in the back, it just looks very weird and drags this whole thing down IMO. Try just rounding it like in the original Jags logo. Not sure about the placement of the ear either, it looks like it's coming out of the jaguars jaw. The top teeth are off too, the far tooth (to the viewers left) is the same length as the near tooth, messing with the perspective. It's a good start, just needs some more work IMO

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did you intend for the back of its head to look like the point of a football?

it's a nice logo and all, im just not feeling it. to me it looks more like a hyena

800px-Cave_hyena.JPG

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The picket fence of bottom teeth is bothering me. If you look at the teeth of a jaguar/cat, only the fangs actually come to a point. The rest are for grinding and actually look a lot like human teeth.

4395457525_729d510593.jpg

My only complaint is the white outline. I agree with CS85 it just seems like it makes the teeth in general too big and stick out. Also I'm not sure if this was intentional but i like how the general shape of the head is shape kinda like a football.

3535rx3.jpg

This is not a real scenario here people...chill

Thanks for the useful feedback that some of you provided. I Brightened the teal a bit, thinned out the lower jaw, changed the ear and eyes and cleaned up the overall shape, as well as a few minor shape tweaks. Do the bottom teeth look too big?

Update 1:

JagsNewPrimary.png

thoughts?

I love this, dude! The colors are fantastic and your improvements went a long way. I agree that there needs to be some sort of "neck" that can be tapered, give it some sort of motion (somewhat like the panthers, but not quite, just a quick reference).

Otherwise this looks amazing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like it. Even though I'm still new to this, try adding a pupil to the jaguar's eye. A blank eye just doesn't look right, IMO. Also, IMO, how the neck curves into the jaw just doesn't sit right with me. Try extending the bottom of the neck out, but keep the same curve line. Kinda make it come out and swril a little bit.Other than that, the concept looks great!

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Yeah get those paws and tail some more love and you've got another winner, sir.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

For the uniform sets i wanted to give a nod back to the jags original uniforms (which i think are far superior to their current set) while adding a bit of modern flair. The pro combat was just for fun, i added gradients to the numbers and the metallic, shiny lettering so piss some people off haha

JagsUniform.png

Updated logo sheet:

LogoSheet-01.png

what do you think?

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

I think the jerseys are good, but I'm not sure if the jerseys stripes could work because of their cut, so you might want to rethink that. Also the pants on both the away and home uniforms are nice, but I feel a teal stripe should be above and compliment the gold stripe, while still fitting within the cut of the pro combat pants. The alternate uniforms look nice, in terms of the gradient numbers and seemingly name on the back, but the shoulder stripes aren't that visible being so small, the pants are very bland without the jaguar logo and no piping at all. Plus, the helmet is nice, but personally I have a problem with a uniform set having two helmets. The logos look good, especially the jaguar head.

I REALLY like the jerseys. I love the striping, and actually it would work because of the newer jersey cuts, as sleeves have all but disappeared. This is a humongous improvement over their current look. I'm not a fan of the wordmark or number font though. The wordmark is still pretty boring, and the numbers just don't look very...athletic, I guess. They just don't fit IMO.

Archived