Rare Yankee New Era cap

The Fonz

WFAN (sports radio station in the NY area hosts are mike francesa, boomer and carton, etc) did a charity baseball game against yankee old-timers at yankee stadium on Monday (day after yankee old timer day). Anyway, some of the WFAN players wearing AUTHENTIC NEW ERA yankee caps had green underbrims. It looks like they are the newer makes (larger mlb logo on back, and one of the players had the black stickers on top) and i didn't think they made versions with green underbrims. Does anyone know anything about this? I'll see if I can get pics.

EDIT: I don't know how to embed from this website, but click through the pics and you'll see some of them have the green underbrims http://newyork.cbslocal.com/photo-galleries/2011/06/28/boomer-cartons-celebrity-softball-game-for-charity/# look at picture 7, 13, 17, 19. not the best pics, but you can see the underbrim is green...if you have access to MSG network, look for the telecast of boomer and carton and they show footage of the game and it's much clearer that the underbrim is green and it's a new era cap.

New York Mets & New York Jets

Yeah I've never seen nor heard about those new caps, they might just be special edition ones though. Do you watch Boomer and Carton though? I love them, they go together so perfectly because Carton gets controlled by Boomer most of the time. I watch them almost every morning.

Screw the hats, the WFAN team is wearing MLB authentic-cut COOLBASE jerseys!

As for the hats, it's entirely possible they are navy wool NYY hats that are akin to the "fashion" hats. The NE logo on the side and green underbrims would differentiate them visually from authentic game hats (for counterfeit purposes). That's probably what's going on there.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Screw the hats, the WFAN team is wearing MLB authentic-cut COOLBASE jerseys!

As for the hats, it's entirely possible they are navy wool NYY hats that are akin to the "fashion" hats. The NE logo on the side and green underbrims would differentiate them visually from authentic game hats (for counterfeit purposes). That's probably what's going on there.

I didn't see a new era logo on the side. So i'm not sure about that...but they could be specially customized versions for the WFAN team.

Yeah I've never seen nor heard about those new caps, they might just be special edition ones though. Do you watch Boomer and Carton though? I love them, they go together so perfectly because Carton gets controlled by Boomer most of the time. I watch them almost every morning.

I'm a HUGE fan of boomer and carton, easily the best show on the station. I love carton's waldman and mad dog impressions they get me everytime.

• 7 months later...

Archived