Winnipeg Jets

sparkychewbarky

So...Jets it is.

They've told us that they'll probably keep the same colours.

I've altered the main logo and have added gold to the colour scheme.(A nod to Bobby Hull?)

I've taken away the round "blob", and have added a stylized "W" chevron, a la "Cars".(why not?)

The primary logo...

jetslogo.jpg

How about playing around with a classic aircraft squadron insignia?

Something akin to the "Memphis Belle" or "Flying Tigers" marking?

They could be the Jets of "9th Squadron".(Another nod to Bobby)

It would be a way of adding something new to the Jets identity.

I've gone with a winged polar bear, but it could be a winged buffalo, or a falcon.

So, the secondary logo (rough)...

pbear.jpg

The unis would use the chevron element for its striping.

Here's the Home...

jetshome.jpg

Here's the away...

jetsaway.jpg

Byfuglien to follow.

This has some major potential, but I hate that chevron shape, it just looks out of place on the primary logo. You are also having major issues with your shades of blue, I see at least 3 shades here, one of which looks purple, and also black. Choose one shade of blue/purple and stick with it. The winged polar bear is pretty cool but all of the random shading and blotches of color detracts from the design, keep refining that logo and itll make a nice patch. The "Jets" mark is very unreadable as of now, the way the T connects to the E makes it hard to decipher. Refine the moving gold triangular shape as well, it's very ambiguous now, is it a plane, is it a random shape? LOVE the jersey design, I think the striping is fantastic. Love the font too. However the polar bear logo on the front looks pretty awful, and once again you are having problems with your shades of blue, look at the back numbers. Keep working on this, your falcons design improved greatly so I know this will, too.

This has some major potential, but I hate that chevron shape, it just looks out of place on the primary logo. You are also having major issues with your shades of blue, I see at least 3 shades here, one of which looks purple, and also black. Choose one shade of blue/purple and stick with it. The winged polar bear is pretty cool but all of the random shading and blotches of color detracts from the design, keep refining that logo and itll make a nice patch. The "Jets" mark is very unreadable as of now, the way the T connects to the E makes it hard to decipher. Refine the moving gold triangular shape as well, it's very ambiguous now, is it a plane, is it a random shape? LOVE the jersey design, I think the striping is fantastic. Love the font too. However the polar bear logo on the front looks pretty awful, and once again you are having problems with your shades of blue, look at the back numbers. Keep working on this, your falcons design improved greatly so I know this will, too.

Yer right Elliott. It's pretty sloppy. Threw it in too hastily

I'll fix it up & work on your suggestions.

Thanks.

The Jets logo looks amazing.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

not feeling the execution on the logos (the unis are very nice though) but more importantly your concept of the 9th Squadron is something to think more about. thats a powerful branding idea. people have favorite teams because they feel like they belong to a select group, a tribal mentality. a logo or any mark declares our tribes as our own and different from others. the whole idea of the 9th Squadron builds on that perfectly and really generates a sense of pride. a tie in to Hull? wonderful stuff.

spend some more time coming up with at least 5 more ideas. build upon your best one

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You might be able to work in a B-2 bomber or similar as the 'W' shape.

Also, the Avro Arrow would probably go over well to represent a jet in Canada.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I like where you're trying to go with this concept, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. First off, I'd align the jet with that streak of white more so than you have now, because it looks badly off-center. Secondly, adjust the J, because the shape of it looks way too fat and not like a hockey stick at all. Third, I'd try to match the chevron you have with the main logo, with the shoulder logos as well, because it seems like the shading of those chevrons isn't as defined as the one in the primary logo is. Finally, I'd work on the winged polar bear, and add more visible shading to him, beyond working on his arms, legs, and wings. It's not bad, just very... how should I put this... Curious George-like. They almost seem scribbled and not very defined.

Archived