CONCEPT81: Big Dub Takes Over The NFL!

bigdub81

Not gonna lie, I groaned when I saw another series, but I actually like what you've done here. Primarily because none of it is very far outside the norm. the helmet numbers on the Browns are probably the craziest thing you've done (and there's even historical precedent for that), and I'm perfectly ok with that. Big fan of the Bengals concept too.

Keep it up, you've got a lot of teams to get through

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Not gonna lie, I groaned when I saw another series, but I actually like what you've done here. Primarily because none of it is very far outside the norm. the helmet numbers on the Browns are probably the craziest thing you've done (and there's even historical precedent for that), and I'm perfectly ok with that.

Big fan of the Bengals concept too.

Keep it up, you've got a lot of teams to get through

Thanks, I always wanted to do one but never got around to it. I feel ancient on this site now so I pretty much sit in the shadows and watch what others put up. I'm a traditionalist when dealing with 'striped' teams, but I don't like going overboard, I prefer simplicity. So there won't be any outrageous designs, just what I like as an artist.

Didn't have anything to do today so thought I'd post my concepts in one thread that I can keep adding to. Hope that you like them, C&C as usual!

I very much liked your concepts .... and I've seen some really bad ones over the years. Yours weren't way 'over the top' ....

Denver's look goes back in time to the mid-60s ... I remember their '66 throwbacks from 1994 (NFL-75) ... kinda reminded me of a more modern look of those. Laugh if you want, but I very much liked their white buckin' Bronco logo with the star eye ... just not the brown one they initially had.

Here's what I didn't particularly care for:

Den: Face-mask should be blue matching the helmet

Buf: Face-mask looks best (IMO) in a light gray .... the red around the collars (no likes) ...... (I don't like 'ring around the collar' either) ;)

*** Thank-you for putting the NIKE logo above the sleeve stripes, rather than below it, should help level the striping more when shoulder pads are worn ... also for placing the NFL shield directly on the front-centre of the collar, not below it as the new set appears to look.

AZ: prefer the white jersey to be more of a solid white ... same with the red ... not in love with other color underarms ... Like the BILLS, I prefer them in a light gray face-mask ...

Cin: I like the even bigger shadow on the orange jersey numbers as they currently have ... prefer the older 'BENGALS' word-mark where the B and S are larger, rather than that alternate 'B' striped logo ... it would be cool to finally see them look like Bengal Tigers wearing alot more orange as their alternates. Never worked with all that black IMO

Cle: Prefer the more faded brown-looking jersey numbers on the helmet, like in 1960 and what they wore a few times in the mid 2000s

All in all tho' ... very well done!

All are excellent!! Some of my thoughts:

Denver Broncos: If/when they change in 2012, I hope they do something like this, as the sleeves mimic the late 1960s AFL set while remaining modern. I'd have the blue pants as an option, as I feel as though the Broncos look best in white pants, but that's me. I also might've made the home collar navy blue. However, great work!

Buffalo Bills: I'm fine with their new set, though the navy is extraneous; I'd have dropped it, too.

Arizona Cardinals: You've taken the better parts of the Cards' current set and simplified (read: improved) upon them. I like the red facemasks, and the colored armpits could grow on me.

Cincinatti Bengals: If there's a team that breaks its tradition of wearing one color and goes with a home jersey that uses the other, the Bengals are it. Going orange differentiates them from the Browns. Also, eliminating the fugly white side panels on the home and keeping the pants stripe simply orange/black all the way through are both desparately-needed improvements, as well. Count me in the minority when I say that I think that the Bengals' current number font can work, if simplified. Hopefully Nike catches wind of this.

Cleveland Browns: I'd personally prefer that the Browns' helmets remain blank, but if there's anything at all put on them, I'd like it to be the corresponding players' numbers. Perhaps if alternate (non-throwback) helmets are allowed, I'd include numbered helmets. The orange pants add that little bit of color and pop to the overall set; they need to make a comeback.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Love the Broncos concept but agree it would look better with a matching blue facemask. Would also like to see the blue pants as a home option. Couldn't disagree more with ART about the grey facemasks, I think grey facemasks on white helmets is just ugly, especially when said teams don't have grey as part of their uniforms (think Indy, really ugly). That Bills uni looks great as well as the browns (would prefer a Brown facemask).

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Couldn't disagree more with ART about the grey facemasks, I think grey facemasks on white helmets is just ugly, especially when said teams don't have grey as part of their uniforms (think Indy, really ugly). That Bills uni looks great as well as the browns (would prefer a Brown facemask).

Not a problem, many do in that regard .... yet many like the look ... we had the white helmet w/ the blue facemask from '76-'83 and I hated it with the blue home jersey.

What I really hate is a white face-mask with a white-helmet like the 80s throwbacks that the PATRIOTS wore at Detroit last Thanksgiving.

A brown facemask for Cleveland's orange helmets? barf.gif

I look forward to hearing the responses from BROWNS fans who post here on that one ... .

Couldn't disagree more with ART about the grey facemasks, I think grey facemasks on white helmets is just ugly, especially when said teams don't have grey as part of their uniforms (think Indy, really ugly). That Bills uni looks great as well as the browns (would prefer a Brown facemask).

Not a problem, many do in that regard .... yet many like the look ... we had the white helmet w/ the blue facemask from '76-'83 and I hated it with the blue home jersey.

What I really hate is a white face-mask with a white-helmet like the 80s throwbacks that the PATRIOTS wore at Detroit last Thanksgiving.

A brown facemask for Cleveland's orange helmets? barf.gif

I look forward to hearing the responses from BROWNS fans who post here on that one ... .

Yeah, it's all personal taste. I guess I would rather see white on white than grey on white though. Regarding the Browns, it just makes sense IMO, I mean they have brown jersey's, brown stripes on the helmets, it wouldn't look that bad. Would it?

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I like most of these designs except for Denver. I'm not really feeling that the blue pants would work with either jersey, as orange would now be their primary color. Plus, if you're getting inspiration from their throwback set they used back in 1994/mid 1960's, they sports an all-white set on the road. Perhaps you could use orange pants, if you wanted a colored set. Secondly, and this isn't a problem with your concept, but man, does the Bronco logo look dated on a more modernized concept like that. They definitely need to drop it completely and come up with something new.

Archived