Dallas Stars jerseys

nash61

Stars3.png
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Interesting... Strange name choice for the player! The only thing, I would make the yellow more gold... Now, it seems a bit "greenish" (if this is a word ahahaha)..

Otherwise, I really like the stars on the sleeves...

Keep 'em coming!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Interesting... Strange name choice for the player! The only thing, I would make the yellow more gold... Now, it seems a bit "greenish" (if this is a word ahahaha)..

Keep 'em coming!

I wanted to go more gold than yellow. It's also the gold colour on the templates in Paint User's paradise.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Keep 'em coming!

I wanted to go more gold than yellow. It's also the gold colour on the templates in Paint User's paradise.

Ok, it must be my screen then!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I think the stars on the sleeves would look strange from a different angle... they'd almost be doubled up. I think you need to modify the design on either the front or the back to make it work. The idea is golden, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

First and foremost, I love the bottom stripes. But, I think it would be a little difficult to use the sleeve stripes like you did. They don't look like they would wrap around very well. Unless you figured out a way to make half the star appear on a sleeve and the other half on another. That could work. Plus, I would make it swoop all around instead of just ending randomly on the bottom portion of the sleeve.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Keep 'em coming!

It's green on mine as well. It threw me off at first.

Keep 'em coming!

It's green on mine as well. It threw me off at first.

Oh? And then , they were two! LOL

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

the star sleeves CAN work, just not at that angle. Look to the Mooterus for inspiration, it worked really well on those. If you reduce the angle so that the entire thing makes a single arc, rather than two connected swooshes, it'll work really well.

I think in order to avoid issues with the green and gold bleeding together, you should do one of two things. Either include a black outline between the green and the gold, or use more green. I'd color the ends of the sleeves and the bottom hem in all green.

You also have 4 color numbers, which has never been done before (frankly, I don't know that it CAN be done) but it's too much anyways. You can't even make the nameplate match. I suggest either eliminating the green or the gold from the outline, which would be the more visible option, or think outside the box and go with gold numbers, outlined in black, outlined in green.

It's a great concept, I hope you keep playing around with the idea.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

the star sleeves CAN work, just not at that angle. Look to the Mooterus for inspiration, it worked really well on those. If you reduce the angle so that the entire thing makes a single arc, rather than two connected swooshes, it'll work really well.

I think in order to avoid issues with the green and gold bleeding together, you should do one of two things. Either include a black outline between the green and the gold, or use more green. I'd color the ends of the sleeves and the bottom hem in all green.

You also have 4 color numbers, which has never been done before (frankly, I don't know that it CAN be done) but it's too much anyways. You can't even make the nameplate match. I suggest either eliminating the green or the gold from the outline, which would be the more visible option, or think outside the box and go with gold numbers, outlined in black, outlined in green.

I avoided using green sleeve ends and hem because I didn't want it to be an EXACT copy of the Mooterus. The white-green-black-gold numbers were mimicking the chest logo. I have changed both to white-green-gold. The stars aren't perfectly centred on the edge of the sleeve because I want them to be recognizable in the image.

Stars4.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I avoided using green sleeve ends and hem because I didn't want it to be an EXACT copy of the Mooterus. The white-green-black-gold numbers were mimicking the chest logo. I have since changed both to white-green-gold. I'll post an update once I get the sleeves figured out.

makes sense. I didn't even put together that the logo pattern was matching the numbers. Clever, but I still don't think it's possible to sew that much for numbers. I like the update. Definitely a step in the right direction.

What might help with the whole development of the sleeves would be a side-view of the jersey. It's not often done with hockey jerseys, usually because they're straight stripes, but I think it might make everything really come together here.

I avoided using green sleeve ends and hem because I didn't want it to be an EXACT copy of the Mooterus. The white-green-black-gold numbers were mimicking the chest logo. I have since changed both to white-green-gold. I'll post an update once I get the sleeves figured out.

makes sense. I didn't even put together that the logo pattern was matching the numbers. Clever, but I still don't think it's possible to sew that much for numbers. I like the update. Definitely a step in the right direction.

What might help with the whole development of the sleeves would be a side-view of the jersey. It's not often done with hockey jerseys, usually because they're straight stripes, but I think it might make everything really come together here.

Do any side view templates exist?

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Do any side view templates exist?

They might exist, but why not just draw it yourself? You could do just the sleeve, which would essentially be a rectangle (you could taper it so the cuff is smaller than the arm hole, but even that's not a necessity). You could add the side of the jersey behind it, which would be another rectangle, unless you go Edge and then you have to be slightly more creative on the bottom. Not talking rocket surgery here, just something to help visualize the striping.

I tried it, and it didn't work. Because of the arc on the star, they don't match up perfectly.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here's the white jersey.

StarsWhite.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I LOVE the concept, but it looks a little "Mooterus", which for most would not be a good thing.

As for the sleeves, based on the symetry of the template i believe this is what it would look like:

sleeves.jpg

So, if I were you, I would keep working on that star and see how it spreads over the sleeve.

As I first said, I really like the concept.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I LOVE the concept, but it looks a little "Mooterus", which for most would not be a good thing.

As for the sleeves, based on the symetry of the template i believe this is what it would look like:

sleeves.jpg

So, if I were you, I would keep working on that star and see how it spreads over the sleeve.

As I first said, I really like the concept.

that works. the template, that is. I was expecting even less, primarily the rectangle formed by the shoulder-cut of fabric.

But I think you can see why I suggested one: that star simply doesn't work. It's angled in two different directions, and the swoosh stripes are doing the same.

I think you ought to figure out how the stripe should look on the top-down image, and then translate it to the usual template.

I like the white, but I think you should match the number to the logo, and make it green-on-white-on-gold

I like the white, but I think you should match the number to the logo, and make it green-on-white-on-gold

Duh! I did it on the black jerseys, but didn't think to do it on the whites.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived