Dallas Stars jerseys

nash61

I LOVE the concept, but it looks a little "Mooterus", which for most would not be a good thing.

As for the sleeves, based on the symetry of the template i believe this is what it would look like:

sleeves.jpg

So, if I were you, I would keep working on that star and see how it spreads over the sleeve.

As I first said, I really like the concept.

That's what I came up with, too. I couldn't figure out how to make it work.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I LOVE the concept, but it looks a little "Mooterus", which for most would not be a good thing.

As for the sleeves, based on the symetry of the template i believe this is what it would look like:

sleeves.jpg

So, if I were you, I would keep working on that star and see how it spreads over the sleeve.

that's because, in its current form, it doesn't work. So, start anew on the sleeves. How about starting with the star being straight up and down? Then draw the gold streak exactly how you want it. Use the top-down version, and see what you can make, THEN translate it to the front-facing template.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

sleeves.jpg

that's because, in its current form, it doesn't work. So, start anew on the sleeves. How about starting with the star being straight up and down? Then draw the gold streak exactly how you want it. Use the top-down version, and see what you can make, THEN translate it to the front-facing template.

How in the world did the Mooterus do it?

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here's with the numbers that match the logo.

StarsWhite2.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

sleeves.jpg

I'd say, "design" it on the Full sleeve, then "chop it down... I think the non symmetrical can work. are the star and swoosh taken from the Mooterus logo?

Let me show you what I think it would look like centered ...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

sleeves.jpg

I'd say, "design" it on the Full sleeve, then "chop it down... I think the non symmetrical can work. are the star and swoosh taken from the Mooterus logo?

Let me show you what I think it would look like centered ...

Yes, the star and swoosh are from the Mooterus logo. By all means, let's see what you can do.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

O.k., here's what I have...

The execution is far from flawless, but I think it should give you an idea over the concept.

stars3z.png

starsmod.png

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I would like to see a green version of these jersey.

Your wish has been granted.

StarsfrontBackGreencopy.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Wow, I did not expect that green to look that good, but it really pops. That's excellent. Hell, the Texas Stars should use that if Dallas can't handle changing their college jerseys. Very nice.

Don't forget to use the star-swoosh that works from the above view. You had it working, don't lose it now!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Better, but since you asked, this is how the mooterus did it:

Stars07_display_image.png?1302551068

376b653d.jpg

2970497.jpg

Most under-rated jersey of all time IMO. Looks great on the ice, and if it weren't for the... unfortunate logo it wouldn't be nearly as despised.

Better, but since you asked, this is how the mooterus did it:

Stars07_display_image.png?1302551068

376b653d.jpg

2970497.jpg

Most under-rated jersey of all time IMO. Looks great on the ice, and if it weren't for the... unfortunate logo it wouldn't be nearly as despised.

the template was a great template and would have worked for them when they retired the 'star' jerseys. what hurt this jersey was the logo, which may have worked for the FW Brahmas but not the team called the stars. and WTF was up with the addition of red. That in itself made the jersey ugly.

Nash61, i like where you are going with the jerseys. like others have said straiten out the swoosh to where it flows better around the arms. probably one suggestion i would make is add black to the cuffs and bottom hem. at least see how that looks. my other suggestion is to use the current stars logo and put the texas alt on the shoulder.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

the problem with the mooterus was the red, and the logo. the logo made no sense anyway. other than the stereotype of "bulls = texas", dallas isn't a very... cattle-oriented... city. that would be fort worth.

the "animal" associated with dallas has always been the pegasus, which also has a constellation of it's own. why we chose taurus just reeks of over-thinking. and the red was brutally overpowering.

Archived