College Colors & Nicknames

TruColor

FYI - There's no such thing as the United States Marine Corps Academy. Also the Coast Guard Academy's nickname is officially the Bears, although when that came about I don't know. Good luck with this project, it looks awesome and comprehensive, as usual.

Grunge-Logos.png

Since these are colleges, which usually give Pantone numbers anyways, couldnt you also include the actual Pantone number on the swatch?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

FYI - There's no such thing as the United States Marine Corps Academy. Also the Coast Guard Academy's nickname is officially the Bears, although when that came about I don't know. Good luck with this project, it looks awesome and comprehensive, as usual.

I've heard that before regarding the Marine Corps. I believe they had intercollegiate athletic teams at one point, so I'm guessing that's how they got into my database. I'll look into them later.

Since these are colleges, which usually give Pantone numbers anyways, couldnt you also include the actual Pantone number on the swatch?

I thought about that, but not everyone lists Pantone values freely, and because of that, I'm just providing color swatches. I think that this kind of information isn't held as tightly as it was in the past (I once asked a pro team for their Pantone values, and they acted like I was asking for the combination to their safe), but I'm taking the safe route since I do not have any kind of affiliation with any of the schools.

I thought about that, but not everyone lists Pantone values freely, and because of that, I'm just providing color swatches. I think that this kind of information isn't held as tightly as it was in the past (I once asked a pro team for their Pantone values, and they acted like I was asking for the combination to their safe), but I'm taking the safe route since I do not have any kind of affiliation with any of the schools.

Better safe than sorry, I guess. I've been compiling a list for the major schools of their Pantone values, and like you mentioned, some are just right there in front of you, then there are others that just seem like you couldnt get them if you tried lol.

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Better safe than sorry, I guess. I've been compiling a list for the major schools of their Pantone values, and like you mentioned, some are just right there in front of you, then there are others that just seem like you couldnt get them if you tried lol.

I have to say, the only Division I school I'm having trouble finding Pantone values for is Bethune-Cookman. In addition, I have recently gotten a hold of a bunch of older logosheets...some really nice - not used anymore - graphics.

I have to say, the only Division I school I'm having trouble finding Pantone values for is Bethune-Cookman.

Check page 3 of this

Maroon - 209

Gold - 130

I have to say, the only Division I school I'm having trouble finding Pantone values for is Bethune-Cookman.

Check page 3 of this

Maroon - 209

Gold - 130

Well how about that. How did I miss that? I thought I went through the media guides and other PDFs there. Thanks!

Four-year schools beginning with the letter 'B' are up:

http://www.colorwerx.us/research/CollegeColorsNicknames/FourYear/B/B.htm

...and, updates to the letter 'A' are also up:

http://www.colorwerx.us/research/CollegeColorsNicknames/FourYear/A/A.htm

I'll start working on completing 'C'...

Just a thought, but a lot of schools are known as something different athletically than they are administratively. If you plan to list schools by their full name, it may be a good idea to also put down their "athletic" name so it can direct people to their correct place on the list (i.e. "Charlotte: see University of North Carolina at Charlotte").

Just a thought, but a lot of schools are known as something different athletically than they are administratively. If you plan to list schools by their full name, it may be a good idea to also put down their "athletic" name so it can direct people to their correct place on the list (i.e. "Charlotte: see University of North Carolina at Charlotte").

Good suggestion. I've thought about that in the past...I'll look into it.

^ If you do opt to go that route, then it may become a daunting chore to navigate through the various California State University system's schools/programs. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

^ If you do opt to go that route, then it may become a daunting chore to navigate through the various California State University system's schools/programs. :P

This is true, but honestly, how many people would really know to look up "California State University at Long Beach" for a school that almost exclusively refers to itself as Long Beach State, LBSU or Long Beach?

Not many, and that was my original point. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ahh, I see... you meant to say "don't" :P

• 2 weeks later...

The letter "C" is up:

Four-Year Schools - C

...along with some additional updates to letters "A" and "B":

Four-Year Schools - A

Four-Year Schools - B

I am working on some of the issues with the official institution names...however for the time-being, you'll have to look them up using the official name (e.g., UCLA is under "University of California, Los Angeles")

Some interesting notes for the letter "C"

• The University of Colorado branches (Boulder, CO Springs and Denver) all have new institutional colors - Gold (Tan) and Black, along with Dark Gray and Light Gray as supporting colors - replacing the traditional Silver and Gold.
  • Clemson U. now uses a custom color for their Orange...along with some interesting color descriptions for their entire color palette.
  • Note the use of a custom color for UCLA's institutional Blue.
  • Concordia U. (Irvine, CA) has one of the most unique color palettes for their institutional colors. And, their older athletics colors (prior to 2011) were very unique.

I'll start work on "D", but I need to work on the installation of a new hard drive and Windows 7...it might take me a couple of days to get completely back up-and-running.

Bryant College is actually Bryant University now and they are DI in the Northeast Conference

Yeah...that's how they're listed...are you looking at Bryan College (Dayton, TN)?

Archived