University of Georgia Football

aawagner011

I believe this is my second concept on these boards, and it's the same subject matter as my first. This go around, I wanted to give my school some options to play around with while not detracting from the overall image. So yes, you will see A LOT of variety here. However, you will not see an Oregon-ization of the Dawgs. Each set has been carefully thought out.

Guidelines:

1)Provide variety to and modernize the uniform set.

2)Never lose the "UGA" image. This means sticking to tried and true combos.

3)The classic red lid MUST stay the same. EXCEPT for one set which still has a history at Georgia, so it's not completely new. NO black helmet at all. That just doesn't look like Georgia at all.

4)Establish consistency from set to set. This does NOT mean that each color must remain in the same place on various stripes from jersey to jersey like Florida. I hate that idea. My version of consistency is that there is always a triple stripe upon each piece. Each jersey and pant have the same variation of the stripe. This means the same stripe will appear on the black jersey as it does the black pant.

5)Never, EVER go monochrome. That just looks bad and detracts from the school image. Each set you will see is presented in the way it is supposed to.

6)Contrast is essential. This means belt colors and sock colors must be distinct from the other garments.

7)And this list is getting too long, so let's get to it! Remember, these sets are the definitive uniforms and cannot be worn in other variations.

Red Home Set: Red helmet, red jersey, silver pants. Classic UGA look.

2e2qh5v.png

Black Home Set: Red helmet, black jersey, silver pants. Revival of the "Blackout" look.

23gzomd.png

Black Home Set 2: Silver helmet, black jersey, silver pants. A throwback to the Frank Sinkwich era. The silver lid has precedent!

2wdufd2.png

Red Home Set 2: Red helmet, red jersey, white pants. A retro look before the Dawgs featured their silver britches.

t0i655.png

White Away Set: Red helmet, white jersey, silver pants. Classic UGA look.

2hoba4o.png

White Away Set 2: Red helmet, white jersey, red pants. A throwback to the Herschel Walker days.

ay1tnq.png

White Away Set 3: Red helmet, white jersey, black pants. The rare black pants seen in the late 1990s, as well as the Florida game from a few years back.

28webmp.png

I like everything except for the gray helmet. Other than that this is a great concept. Nice work!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Thanks everyone. I thought I'd take a modern approach of the classic red/white/black UGA triple pant stripe and integrate it throughout the entire uniform. And in regards to the large numbers, those were just the standard stock template numbers. I debated changing them, but they're pretty much identical to what UGA has ever worn and I still like them. I think Nike has produced jerseys where the numbers overlap the panels, by the way. So it might not be over sized after all.

UPDATE: Not the best photo, but you can see how this Oregon uniform has numbers overlapping panels. Click here. I know there have been more extreme examples...especially considering Oregon's tapered number shape.

like the concept here. really no complains. changing the pants stripe is definitely a balsy move.

I really want to see a silver helmet for UGA, just for a game! it would look great with black, and would be a "fauxback". would be a really great pro combat uniform.

@Brave-Bird: I figured people would note the redesigned pants stripe as the biggest change. I wanted to create a design which moved forward but yet still retained a clear "UGA look". I think I've been able to do that. You obviously still have the red/white/black stripe on the pants, but the orientation of it is slightly different.

like the concept here. really no complains. changing the pants stripe is definitely a balsy move.

I really want to see a silver helmet for UGA, just for a game! it would look great with black, and would be a "fauxback". would be a really great pro combat uniform.

With a black jersey and pants, that would actually be a great Pro-Combat. Someone, get Nike on the phone now!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Minor design flaw: change the gradient on the silver helmet. You've got the Browns' default orange in there still. Looks great, otherwise!

Thanks for the heads up. I probably would have never noticed it as I'm color blind haha

Archived