Roger Clemens Trial goes up in smoke

NJTank

Well someone from the Justice Department just lost their job today or at least they should.

Lawlers spend months putting these cases together and know or at least should know exactly what they can and cannot say.

To do something like that is just flat out stupid. Even the judge said a first year law student wouldn't be this dumb. Wouldn't even be shocked if you had a hearing regarding the government lawyers involved in the case if they should be disbarred because that is a how the hell are you even a lawyer kind of mistake.

Well someone from the Justice Department just lost their job today or at least they should.

Lawlers spend months putting these cases together and know or at least should know exactly what they can and cannot say.

To do something like that is just flat out stupid. Even the judge said a first year law student wouldn't be this dumb. Wouldn't even be shocked if you had a hearing regarding the government lawyers involved in the case if they should be disbarred because that is a how the hell are you even a lawyer kind of mistake.

Obligatory wild prediction: Within 30 days, one or more of the federal prosecutors will turn out to have received an autograph or some other memorabilia from Clemens.

That's the one and only explanation I can come up with for such blatant incompetence.

CCSLC signature.png

So this goes from all but a slam dunk to a mistrial.

Great job guys.

You mean a home run right? :P

Well, somebody "misremembered" to do something... at it wasn't Clemens...

What it goes to is being a complete waste of taxpayer money.

Even if they had a trial and he was found innocent, I still wouldn't call it a waste of time. It was an issue worth pursuing. Lying to congress is a serious manner and it should be treated accordingly. If he was found innocent at least you could say he went through the legal process and the matter could be considered closed.

But you can't even say that. Dispite millions of dollars spent on this trial, Clemens didn't go through the legal process and probably never will because of what can only be described as a flat out dumbass move by the justice department.

Now they are in a situation where they essential have to argue that they are dumb, but not dumb enough to prevent them from getting a conviction in this case. I don't think its going to fly. The obvious question the judge will ask is you presented inadmissable evidence in court after I had already asked you not to do it. Its worth keeping in mind that we're dealing with adults here who's job is to know what they can and cannot say in court. You didn't learn after the first time so why should I expect that you've learned it now?

I don't think there's a good answer the justice department can come up with for that question and I think Clemens will get off without ever really paying the price for the crimes he may or may not have committed as the United States government sees it. That is a waste.

Archived