College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

I think TCU would look good in an updated version of that silver lid (bottom left with purple "TCU")

Eh, the silver helmet thing was a 90s thing and is one the way out. Also, a lot of losing in them helmet makes it undesirable for most alums.

Look what the Cat drug in

Blackunis2_web_bmac.jpg

Story Here

IMO, you should have to at least be a good team to merit a special uniform, let alone an all-black one.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look what the Cat drug in

Blackunis2_web_bmac.jpg

Story Here

Oh dear god no. The blue shoulder panels are horrible with the black, and the helmet makes it look worse. Dammit Kentuckey, why must you destroy a great uniform with bad play and black.

IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love these! edit: I sure hope they keep this look around every year for Halloween. I am so excited right now I am about to explode.

spacer.png

Are these black Kentucky uniforms even a surprise? Haven't we known about them for a month or so?

Yes they are a surprise because they have introduced new black uniforms the last 2 redesigns and have never put them on the field. They only sold them as alternates in stores. Rich Brooks said that he would not allow the team to wear black because that was not an official school color. Well, even though I miss Rich, he is gone and there is a new sheriff in town.

spacer.png

Awful unis for Kentucky... also saw that Washington will be in all black for their homecoming game. - according to coach sarkisian's twitter

The only thing worse than adding black to a uniform that has no history of it and looks terrible with it is doing it on homecoming. Of all the games to actually wear your school colors...

Awful unis for Kentucky... also saw that Washington will be in all black for their homecoming game. - according to coach sarkisian's twitter

The only thing worse than adding black to a uniform that has no history of it and looks terrible with it is doing it on homecoming. Of all the games to actually wear your school colors...

Our homecoming was last weekend, we are doing this because it is Halloween weekend.

Here is a video showing the stripes on the pants and Joker Phillips saying that a black uniform does not make a tackle, the player does. Introducing the players to the black uniform.

spacer.png

Looks like I missed this. Southern Miss goes all black helmet.

SMUUSM05.JPG

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wow, that looks very cheap. I don't mind matte helmets, and in some situations I like them but these look awful. Especially without the logo.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Looks like I missed this. Southern Miss goes all black helmet.

SMUUSM05.JPG

SMU has one of the best helmets in football IMO. I wish they'd get a new jersey template though, even one as simple/plain as just shoulder numbers (that would look great).

Edit- oh yeah, that would be even better if they were with Nike so the actual jersey itself would look good

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

I think, with the blue helmet, the shoulders will balance and the uniform will look really good.

In isolation it's great, but when you consider how every team is stooping down the level of adding black b/c it's kewl it becomes annoying.

I believe the only 2 reasons we are going with black is because it is Halloween and it is a way to spark interest in the team since it has been a bad season so far.

spacer.png

I think, with the blue helmet, the shoulders will balance and the uniform will look really good.

In isolation it's great, but when you consider how every team is stooping down the level of adding black b/c it's kewl it becomes annoying.

I believe the only 2 reasons we are going with black is because it is Halloween and it is a way to spark interest in the team since it has been a bad season so far.

In that case, I, Roger Goodell, order all NFL teams under .500 to wear red and green in late December because they've had poor seasons and it'll be Christmas time...

...this would be simply terrible reasoning if true about Kentucky. Stupid.

In that case, I, Roger Goodell, order all NFL teams under .500 to wear red and green in late December because they've had poor seasons and it'll be Christmas time...

...this would be simply terrible reasoning if true about Kentucky. Stupid.

Well, the fan base pushed for the Wildcats to wear Black in 2009 when Halloween fell on a Saturday and like I said before, Rich Brooks (former coach) was against it because black was not an official school color. However, now Joker Phillips is in charge and I suppose he felt like giving the players something that they wanted to wear. Besides, Kentucky using Black is just like Maryland using the Flag uniform, it sparks interest in a team that never receives any. I like the move, I like the uniform, and I hope it stays around each year during the Halloween season.

spacer.png

Archived