Building a (baseball) scoreboard

TwoRsAndTwoLs

I play in a baseball rec-league and two of the most common questions the players seem to have is "What's the score?" and "What inning is it?" Rather than look at the scorebook every inning or so to figure it out, I thought it was best to build a scoreboard for the team; so I made this...

Scoreboard1.jpg

I took that to another baseball league and they asked that I make one for them, too. I just got through painting it... doing little bits off and on over the last several months has been a killer, and I have to admit I haven't been terribly motivated to do it, but here it is:

IMG_20110912_175528.jpg

I just needed to share these now that I have them done. I'm going to kick back and relax for a while.

The boards cost no more than $30 to make, I wouldn't say. You need some plywood, about $6 in moulding (and a saw to cut it to size), a couple cans of spray paint, a couple bottles of arts-and-crafts paint, and to print about a dozen sheets of digits/team names on as heavy a cardstock as you can.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

What are the dimensions of your scoreboards?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

PSSBL? No way, I have been in the Rocky Division of that league for years! As one who ends up keeping score in the dugout often, I know the feeling. I might have to look into making one of those. Awesome work!

I actually played Rocky (Diablos) for the 2009 and 2010 seasons, but took a break in 2011 to pursue other things with my summer. Who do you play for?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived