Lights Out's College Football ProCombats

Lights Out

Yeah, I don't like how Iowa and the Steelers muddy up their look with white. The only football teams that can really pull off using yellow AND white are the Chargers and the Minnesota Gophers, IMO.

Agreed. Too many uniforms use white when it's not really needed.

Especially when two-color uniforms just look damn nice. You can't convince me that, say, USC's uniforms would be improved by the addition of white.

USC%20JERSEY%20PIC%2010.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

IOWA HAWKEYES

iWUzG.png

The sleeve design is inspired by Iowa's infamous Apex One uniforms, while the pants striping is inspired by their basketball shorts. I used the updated hawkeye logo that was proposed in 2000, because I think it looks a lot cleaner and better overall. The number/NOB font, again, is currently used by Iowa's basketball team. I'm a big proponent of consistency across a school's uniforms in all sports, so this is a step towards that. Thoughts?

I love the striping on the pants. It is different and something that Iowa desperately needs.

spacer.png

Yeah, I don't like how Iowa and the Steelers muddy up their look with white. The only football teams that can really pull off using yellow AND white are the Chargers and the Minnesota Gophers, IMO.

Agreed. Too many uniforms use white when it's not really needed.

Especially when two-color uniforms just look damn nice. You can't convince me that, say, USC's uniforms would be improved by the addition of white.

USC%20JERSEY%20PIC%2010.jpg

True. It wasn't their best look:

b78476657z120090227081338000g2ggobic2_lg.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived