Baltimore Raven Alternate Logo

GatorHunter

i tried this same thing once. not very successful. you've done a very nice job here. the only problem i have with it, and it's not your fault, is his head and feet are too close together. he has no neck. or body for that matter. maybe if you could try to do what bravo said and make him look a little more fierce and a little less surprised, you could really have something here.

I think proportions are the issue on this. The head is as large as the feet, and the tail's way bigger than the head. It's a nice start (eerily similar to my cards concept I submitted, actually haha), but I think if you can smooth out those issues, it's going to look much better. I agree with the face as well.

I wanted to to match the existing logos already on place. So I took all the proportions from the old logo, with some tweaks.

I agree the feet are to big, i will make them smaller. The Head i took from the existing front head logo so it would match, if i were to change the expression on the face that would change the other alternate logo too. I'm in the process of a move right now, Should have some updates by the end of next week. Any other changes?

Thanks for the C&C.

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

Ok, I always liked the Old Ravens Logo with the Spread Wings and wondered why they never updated it to the new ones in 1999.

Because they were sued for using it by a fan who had sent in some sketches when the team originally moved.

Ok, I always liked the Old Ravens Logo with the Spread Wings and wondered why they never updated it to the new ones in 1999. So, I tried my best at a Update.

RavensConcept.jpg

1st Attempt

RavensConcept-1.png

2nd Attempt

To the best of my knowledge it was never updated because the Ravens were forced to change their logo after a copyright infringement claim by a fan was upheld, but it makes no odds in concept land.

I like the fact you've moved the feet down and reduced them in size it finally makes the logo look like it has a body. Best advice I could give is to watch the sizes of the white highlights you've got under the wing, the widths of them vary which is fine but there seems to be no order to the size variation, I'd expect them to start larger at the body and get slightly thinner towards the top of the wing, then maybe have one large one again at the top as you get to the tip feathers. Rather than drawing one large shape I'd try drawing one single highlight and repeat and adjust it accordingly up the wing then combine them all to make the final shape. It's easier than drawing a new shape and getting it to match the previous one.

Personally I've never been a fan of the way the feathers on the head are rendered so I'd look at perhaps doing something with those but that's just my opinion. All in all good effort and cant wait to see updates.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived