OKC Thunder

hettinger_rl

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Could I use this for a t shirt for my Mom? She's a crazy Thunder fan and I think she would love a one-of-a-kind shirt. I usually buy a Thunder shirt and bling it out with rhinestones but this is such a fantastic image that I will probably just use fabric paint. Wanted to get permission before using it. BTW, it should be submitted to Thunder management in a push for a new logo IMHO!

Thanks so much!

Vickie

Hello,

Could I use this for a t shirt for my Mom? She's a crazy Thunder fan and I think she would love a one-of-a-kind shirt. I usually buy a Thunder shirt and bling it out with rhinestones but this is such a fantastic image that I will probably just use fabric paint. Wanted to get permission before using it. BTW, it should be submitted to Thunder management in a push for a new logo IMHO!

Thanks so much!

Vickie

you could have just private messages him rather than bumping a 3 year old thread

My guess, Vickie, is that you found the logo via a Google search, and joined the boards expressly to make this request. It happens from time to time, and I understand how it happens.

The thing is, you've stumbled onto a forum specifically for designers. This entails a few things. First off, we post designs here mostly for feedback. And sometimes we are finished with whatever project we're doing, or we abandon it, in which case we let the thread drop and die. On this forum, we have developed a certain aversion to bumping up threads, precisely because it does no good to give feedback on an abandoned project. You didn't know all this; you just stumbled in here. I understand.

There are other issues, though, specifically regarding your request. First off, when we design riffs off of existing brands, like the Thunder logo featured in this thread, we do so with the understanding that such logos are simply a design exercise, intended to develop our skills and to provide some enjoyment for ourselves and others. We cannot reproduce these alternate designs in any sort of salable format without getting in huge trouble with the organisations involved, in this case, the Oklahoma City Thunder and the NBA.

Which leads to another issue. On this forum, we have a mix of amateur designers, full-time professional designers, and some who fall somewhere in between. One thing we're fairly united in is that we don't want to cheapen the countless hours of work, not just on individual designs but in our development as designers, by making designs available for free. (The ad that sometimes pops up on here, "I'll make you a logo for $5", is automatically generated and is pretty much against where most of us are coming from--besides, a $5 logo is going to be pretty crappy.)

I appreciate your enthusiasm for hettinger_rl's work. Unfortunately, it appears your purpose in connecting with our forum will go unfulfilled.

That said, it's clear that you have a keen eye for graphic design, particularly as it relates to sports, and I hope you will consider yourself welcome to continue perusing the boards and learning more about the work of the great designers who frequent here.

rATMcmK.png

Archived