BC Eagles concept

BrandMooreArt

I would suggest revising it so it says "Boston College". It's never referred to as just "Boston". In fact, hated rival Boston University has just "Boston" on some uniforms and is sometimes referred to in national media (march madness or frozen four, i guess) as just that.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

It feels like a really good start. I think the overall number of "spikes" and "swoops" around the base of the neck (and maybe one around the base of the beak) should be reduced. Just simplify it a bit.

Maybe its just me, but that eagle does look pretty relaxed. I don't think he needs to be head-butting the right side of my browser like every other bird-face logo, but something is a bit off. Maybe its the way the neck trails off. Try changing the cut-off of the neck. Maybe shift it back to the left a bit, to imply some sort of motion?

One last thing: please don't curve out those angles around the bird. I know I said simplify the base of the neck, but sharp angles like that look really odd when they're stroked with a super smooth line. Maybe just play with the anchors or the stroke's setting to see what happens. Sharper edges may help remove the relaxed feel of the bird.

You're definitely off to a good start, and I see what you're going for.

That being said, there are a few areas that could be improve upon.

...But, unfortunately, I don't have much to add that hasn't been mentioned in previous comments, as far as suggestions/criticism goes.

I think one way to add gold into the eagle head would be to find a way to put a small streak of gold on the beak, but honestly, I don't think that the lack of gold takes away from the logo

very much.

I also think that rotating the eagle about 10 degrees or so clockwise would improve the logo by getting rid of that "leaning" effect.

As far as the script logo goes, having it just say BOSTON EAGLES doesn't make much sense to me considering BC is very seldom reffered to as just BOSTON, and personally, I think that

Boston College Eagles just sounds better.

Also, the eagle on the script logo looks kind of pasted on there, like an afterthought, and is un-needed IMO.

I'm looking forward to updates!

2043050vl19qK6.gif

thanks for the ton of good feedback guys. ive got plenty to work with here. definitely will try to get some gold into it and work "Boston College" into the word mark

@winghaz, what do you mean by "look more like an eagle eye?". should it be larger?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived