Mets: why the blue hats are rarely worn

No, but there is a difference those teams don't play in the same city as the Yankees. And if you are not aware the reason why Mets wear pinstripes is the Yankees. When they made their original uniforms the took made up of different parts of the old New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers (the colors and the scripts), the pinstripes were for the Yankees.

Why does that matter? Who cares if they play in the same city. That's like saying that the Mets can't have an NY on their hat because the Yankees do. And as far as the Mets wearing pinstripes because of the Yankees, I think that's a bunch of crap. That doesn't even make sense.

From the ultimate Mets database, their uniform history page. (The I got this site of of pantone's ssur.org)

Original uniform design

Team Colors: Royal Blue and Orange

HOME UNIFORM

Jersey:

Design Description: Original design combines aspects of the uniforms of the New York Yankees, Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants. White button-down jersey with royal blue pinstripes (pinstripes based on the Yankees), with "Mets" in script across front on an upward slant (layout style based on that of the Dodgers). "Mets" script is royal blue (taken from the Dodgers) outlined in orange (taken from the Giants). Royal blue undersweater.

Mets uniform history

Why does it matter, becuase when you play in a city with another team you try to distance yourself from that team everyway possible, especially if your the younger team. It's like if the Devils your red, white, and blue uniforms with diagonal uniforms. That would be too much like the Rangers.

The two uniforms look nothing alike. That's all I'm saying. I already hate the Yankees with a passion (if you couldn't tell). After this conversation I am hoping even more for Yankee Stadium to spontaneously implode for no reason at all. And if it happened during a Yankees/Red Sox game that would be even sweeter.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

The two uniforms look nothing alike. That's all I'm saying. I already hate the Yankees with a passion (if you couldn't tell). After this conversation I am hoping even more for Yankee Stadium to spontaneously implode for no reason at all. And if it happened during a Yankees/Red Sox game that would be even sweeter.

This has nothing to do with the Yankees being more successful than the Mets, if the Mets would have won more championships than the Yankees my opinion would be the same. The Mets were the 2nd team in the city, and when you the new team you try not to have anything simular to the old team. Plus, I think the MEts non pinstripe uni looks alot better.

I always liked the Mets Black hats the blue black and orange make a good combo, I do agree their non pinstripe home uniform is the best. The pinstripes were ok for a while but trully this is the loko the Mets shoudl use with the black hat at most home games, and if I can find a jersey my size it will be the one I get, unfortuntley finding one thats as big as I am is rough.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's more than "the pinstripes remind fans of the Yankees," it's the pinstripes were deliberately added in homage to the Yankees. Why should Mets fans honor the Yanks?

Once Mets fans are told that the pinstripes were to honor the Yankees, they all distance themselves from the pinstripes. Funny....

I think the blue caps, white jerseys with piping are the best uniforms the Mets have ever worn, hands down.

It's more than "the pinstripes remind fans of the Yankees," it's the pinstripes were deliberately added in homage to the Yankees.  Why should Mets fans honor the Yanks?

Once Mets fans are told that the pinstripes were to honor the Yankees, they all distance themselves from the pinstripes.  Funny....

I think the blue caps, white jerseys with piping are the best uniforms the Mets have ever worn, hands down.

Glavine pitched a 1-hit shutout Sunday. This is what the Mets wore. Coincidence?

NYS102052316_640x480.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Yankee cough - rip-cough - rip off. I must say that the Mets look good in pinstripes!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived